Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day

Hey, Y'all,
It was a beautiful May first day today, although we had some rain early this morning, it had cleared up mostly by the time Gramps and I left for Knoxville. We stopped at Hardee's on the way in and had a sausage/egg biscuit with coffee. When we got to Imazo's we went in to visit awhile and then Imazo and I left Gramps to read the paper and watch television, while we went to the mall to shop for a pair of new shoes for her. She said it had been a long time since she had bought any new dress shoes, and she wanted a pair to take with her to visit with her son, David, his wife, Andrea, and to see her grandson, Steven, graduate from the university. She is going out to Tuscon to see him graduate, and is so very proud of him. (I am too, of course).

She and I walked all over the mall in the search, but alas, found none that would do, so we left after a couple of hours of looking, and I know we got our exercise in for the day. We stopped by Mae's house to pick her up and then we went to Imazo's and I switched cars to her bigger one, and the four of us went to the Cracker Barrel to eat a really great lunch.

Leaving the Cracker Barrel, we went back to Imazo's and settled down in the television room and I put the movie into the dvd player, set it up and we watched the movie, "Ratatouille". I think the dinner had gotten to Gramps and Imazo, and before we knew it, Mae and I were the only ones awake for awhile, but they rallied and we all watched the major portion of the movie awake. I think they enjoyed it, too. Gramps is not really wild about animated movies, but he endures them with a smile. The grandkids like to remind him occasionally of having gone to sleep in several animated movies that we attended with them. (Smiles inserted here).

We just came back home a few minutes ago, and he is in the living room doing his Bible reading and I am in here blogging. We are hoping to go to church day after tomorrow. I look forward to it.

BTW, I am feeling just fine these days, and all but one of the steristrips have come off of my incisions (for those who are interested, that is), and all three incisions have healed nicely, thank you very much.

It seems that we have rain scheduled for the next 8 days or so. It will certainly make the flowers grow and the grass as well. It just means the grass probably can't be cut until it stops raining. I picked a couple of irises this morning and put them in a glass of water. They looks so very pretty on my kitchen counter. I love their fragrance, too.

Well, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Teresa got home safely yesterday and called me to let me know. I think she was flying low, because it didn't take her very long to get there. I am thankful that she made it okay and then called me. I know she was glad to get back home and that her family (Tom and Shadow) were glad to see her, too. Bye for now, see you tomorrow some time.



Hi Ruby, yes May already, it will be a year ago next week since my lovely trip to your lovely country.
Pleased you had a lovely May Day,
it's a public holiday week-end through to Monday so there are much traffic on the roads.

Take care both of you.


Judy said...

Hi Grammy, Thank you for your kind words about my niece. I am so glad that you are healing and feeling much better. Your flowers below are so pretty. I bet you enjoyed having your daughter for a visit.

Serbian Mink said...


we are sooooo glad that you are recovered and that the prognosis is a-ok!

teresa is an angel for coming up to comfort you and Dub.

we look fwd to our visit with Nana starting the 11th.

by the way, she doesn't need fancy shoes for the is going to be held outside in Sun Devil Stadium and the college of design ceremony will be in an Arena. Best if she wore sneakers.

Love you all. Heard it's raining there. It's delightful as usual aqui.

Love, Mink