Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Quiet Thursday

Hey, Y'all,
Yes, we have had a very quiet day today...I am still feeling well (no gall bladder attacks, thank the Lord). Gramps got up this morning around 10:30 a.m. and got dressed. I went in to check on him and saw he had taken several of his belts from his belt drawer and had them on the bed, also had his ditty bag (where he keeps his traveling shaving stuff) and I asked him why he was doing that. He said he was getting packed to go home and I told him we were at home, where did he think we were...He asked if we weren't in Jefferson City, and I said no we are at home in New Market.

He had been confused during the night thinking we were visiting somewhere else, so now he knows we are at home.

We sat on the front porch some this afternoon, watching the birds eating from the bird feeder that our neighbor, Scott, put up for me out in the yard under the shade of the trees. It is going to be a lot of fun watching them. I also saw a hummer whiz by and was elated that they are back. I look forward to seeing them drink from the hummingbird feeders that we have out for them.

I just finished a 3-story book that was given to me for my birthday by my next door neighbors. It is called "The O'Malley's" and contains the books: The Negotiator, The Guardian, and The Truth-Seeker, and chronicles the search for Jesus in their iives. It is written by Dee Henderson. It took me a week and a half to read the three stories. I look forward to reading the other 3 books in the series.

For supper tonight, I prepared chicken thighs, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed summer squash with onions. I placed some aluminum foil inside a dutch oven, then put the 4 chicken thighs in, about a cup of water, sprinkled some extra spicy Mrs. Dash, and then put a small amount of low sodium soy sauce in and folded the aluminum foil down and covered the dutch oven with the lid and cooked it slowly. YUM! We each had one of the thighs with our baked sweet potatoes, and divided the squash, and then feasted. I threw away the skin of the thighs before serving them.

We can have the other thighs for supper tomorrow. We are planning on going out for breakfast in the morning, but I will eat carefully to prevent any problem with my gall bladder.

I am putting the fifth row on the quilt for Will, and that just leaves one more row to add on, but a lot of handwork is left to finish it up afterwards. I just work on it when I really feel like it. I am not pushing myself. I sent him a note the other day and told him I hope to get it finished before he gets a gray beard. Ha ha. He is quite young (23), so you can see what a joke that is.

Well, that is about all for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Love to each of you. Bye for now.


Jessie said...

hey it is jessie, tawn helped me join the blog world today.

azdarlene said...

Hey Ruby, Glad you are taking care and eating so you won't get a flare up. Will be glad to get the surgery done and over with, so you can go back eating normal again. hahaha!!!! We will be praying for you and all the family. I will try to call this weekemd to see how your doing.
Love you all,
Darlene and Mark

Grammy said...

Hey, Jessie,
Glad to have you "on board". I'm hoping to hear from you once in a while now. Hope little Kyah is doing well, too.
Aunt Ruby

Hi, Darlene, I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Love ya all


Hi Ruby pleased to know your gall bladder is being quiet, you must be clever doing the quilts,
Sorry to hear Gramps was a wee bit confused, but glad he is ok now.
Both of you take good care of yourselves.
Lovely to hear from you.


Eli said...

Hey, MRS. Ruby:

It was very nice to meet you...I hope that your stay at Vanderbilt Medical Center in the SICU was as you expected...I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed reading your blog. You are a very interesting and beautiful person...And I know that God would say so too...Well, good luck to you and take care!!! Eli