Monday, May 11, 2009

Update on Stuff

Hey, Y'all,

After a bad night last night, I got dressed and headed out to Jeff. City to call at my doctor's office. I went in and asked to see the report on my gall bladder test. Barbara said, "Just a minute, I need to see if she has signed off on that." So she went back and got my file and said, "looks like you are going to be heading for surgery". I thought, "yep, doesn't surprise me" and said, "you gotta be kidding! After 8 or 9 major surgeries in my lifetime and now another one." She asked me if I had a preference of surgeons, and I said I didn't have any idea.


Barbara called a group in Knoxville that works out of St. Mary's and made an appointment for me to see the doctor for the initial visit on May 20th. So....tomorrow I see my optomitrist to be fitted for eyeglasses, Monday I go to see the surgeon who did the laparoscopy, Tuesday I go to the dentist and later to see my family doctor, and Wednesday to the gall bladder surgeon. If it weren't for doctor's appointments, I guess I'd never get to go anywhere.. ha ha.

While I was in Jeff. City, I went on to Lowe's and picked out a bunch of flowers to put into my flower bed. My little buddies from up next door are going to come tomorrow and clean out my flower bed and plant the new flowers. I am hoping to attract some hummers and butterflies with the new flowers. I will post a picture when we get it all planted. I am going to take some pictures of them working, too and post some of them.

Laurie is making some vegetable beef soup for supper for Gramps and me. I am looking forward to tasting it. She is bringing some homemade biscuits with it. I am also hoping to sleep better tonight, but I have my doubts. From the little niggling pains in my upper chest, I am expecting to wake up the same way I did this morning. It is difficult to feed Gramps properly when food turns my stomach literally.

By now, Imazo is in the bosom of her son and his family out in Arizona (or pretty near so) and I know she was excited about the trip. We will be looking forward to hearing about it from her.

I began a small amount of work again on Will's quilt this morning in the wee hours, and will continue as I can. I am learning a lot as I work on the quilt, and have done so on each quilt I have made. Sometimes I say to myself, "Hmp. Don't want to do that again". The quilts I make from now on will have much smaller squares. But I am expecting this one to turn out well anyhow.

Well, that is about all for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Serbian Mink said...

Oy vey.

Barbara said...

Ruby so sorry about your surgery,I will be praying for you and dub
I am anxious to hear from Imazo also.

Judy said...

I, too, am sorry you have to have another surgery but hope it will help to make you all better. I look forward to seeing your flower bed and really enjoyed the pictures of your mother. She was just beautiful.