Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Latest Update

Hey, Y'all,
Well, today I went to Jefferson Memorial to have my Hida test for my gall bladder to see if it was causing my latest problems. What an experience...my neighbor, Laurie, came to take me to the hospital and do the test.

When we got there, I headed back to the lab and got ready to be stuck several times and of course, I was not disappointed (well, actually, I was because I was hoping they would get it with the first try). They didn't. It took 5 tries, and one of the times, aartery was hit. OOOPS.\ An emergency room nurse hit the vein on the first try. Thank you, Sandra! Please know it was not their fault. I just have difficult veins.

I was in there for about 3 and a half hours for a two hour test. By the time they were finished, they had not been able to find the gall bladder. A radiologist is going to read them tonight, and then get the report to my family doctor. I told them that I wanted a definite yes or no. I am planning on calling the doctor who did the last surgery and find out if he by any chance removed the gall bladder when he removed the ovary. It is possible, isn't it?

Right now I have no appetite, and am still in a lot of pain. I will be taking a pain pill tonight before bed. I hope to get a good night's sleep.

That is about it for tonight. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for tonight. More later. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Grammy, I feel for you. They do the same thing to me everytime because it is hard to find my veins, too. I would think it would be somewhere in your medical history if they took your gallbladder out. Surely, they would not take it and not tell you or document it. I sure hope it all gets worked out soon. Please take care and I am thinking of you. Hugs.

Barbara said...

Hi Ruby, so sorry you are still feeling bad. hope you feel better soon.I would think if they took your gallbladder out they would of told you.when my Dr. did my tubal
years ago he told me he removed my
appendice also. he said to not
forget. and I never did. Anyway I hope you are better soon.

Clara....in TN said...

Oh Grammy, bless your heart. I hate it when they have to poke around with that needle! Hope you are feeling better soon and that you find out if you have a gall bladder or not. Sending you hugs!!!!!

Serbian Mink said...

Tia,

i agree with Barbara. the ovary and the gall bladder are not contiguous in the abdomen, so to yank out the g.b., the doc would have had to go on an exploratory voyage under the liver.

hope you get some news soon....why not take it to Imazo's doc in Knox? if your g.b. is inflamed or infected, it will hurt the dickens out of your sawdust til they get it OUT!

remembering you in my prayers.
a