Friday, May 8, 2009

No More Bellyaching Here

Hi, Y'all,
Well, the post heading is not exactly on the spot, so don't be hip-hooraying yet. I just decided when I got up this morning that I am thru being a whiny-baby and am going to kind a' take Charge. I am trying to put a good face on and go with the flow. I had a small helping of cereal for breakfast, did the dishes in the sink, dried a load of laundry, put another load into the washer, dried it, and folded both of them. I worked on getting some of the air out of my body, and succeeded somewhat, but there is more to go.

I called my family doctor's office yesterday afternoon to see if she had gotten the report on my gall bladder test, and the sweet lady who answers the phone told me that the doctor had gotten the report and was going to look at it that afternoon, and if she saw any thing significant in the report she would call me. No call from the doctor, so all I can assume is that my problem is just trapped gas (which I thought from the beginning)

I baked a white potato for lunch and ate most of it (didn't really enjoy it, but at least I am eating something). I haven't come up with an idea for supper yet.

We got Gramps into the shower while ago, and I know he must feel better. I will feel better when I have mine after awhile, I am sure.

I did a lot of a.m. research on the computer in the wee hours this morning looking for answers to getting rid of the air that is pumped in for laparoscopic surgery, and found a few answers. One is chewing sugar free gum, another is doing a lot of walking around and moving around, and I won't speak of the others on this. I know it hurts to burp, but it is a necessary evil. Don't ever let anyone tell you that Laparoscopic surgery is a snap. I have had a LOT of surgeries, and every one has had its drawbacks. This one is no exception.

I am looking forward to pain free nights and days ahead. I know they are out there. I just have to take it on faith.

Well, I am going to go take a shower and then a nap. Thanks for all the suggestions and words of encouragement. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the day. More later. Love to you all. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Serbian Mink said...

I'd can that doctor, Gwammee. No excuse for delaying a report to someone in such pain.

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, did you chew gum? did it help? I LOVE EXTRA... POLAR ICE Gum. I cannot like any other gum since I started chewing that. I think I'm addicted to it. It's funny, but I always want a piece when I go to bed at night. Isn't that crazy?

Oh, I went to the web site with wave petunias. Aren't they georgous? And Leedra told me she found seed at Lowe's and I went to Lowe's today and found them. There are 15 seed in a pack and it was 2.47. I bought three packs and have already sewed them. I will look come fall to see if I can see any seed. Hope you are feeling better! It must be bad when there is no appetite. If I could lose mine without being sick...I would love that!