Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Better Today

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I woke up this morning feeling a little better with some hope in my heart for better days ahead. I was up at 7 a.m. after having slept in my own bed for about 6 and 1/2 hours, and throwing on my red housecoat, I went into the kitchen and made a cup of hot decaf green tea. I took my first medication of the morning and went out to sit on the front porch in the fresh morning air. I sat there in my rocker, watching the birds flit around in search of their first worm or insect of the day, or stop to take a drink of the water in the birdbath. It was so quiet and peaceful as I sat there reflecting on the beauties of nature. Then I took a walk down the driveway and checked out the flowers that had been planted in my flower bed, and I stopped to smell the roses and deadhead those that had bloomed and wilted.

After a while I came back into the house and had a bowl of cereal and milk, reading as I ate, and then took the balance of my morning meds. I woke up Gramps and he got up and had his cereal, milk and coffee. We went into the living room for awhile and he sat reading his Bible while I sat on the couch and watched a little tv and drowsed a little bit. Then we got his shower and he got dressed while I did my getting ready for the day. We decided then to go to the Cracker Barrel for a late lunch (my first foray out to eat in a week and a half). The food was really good, and I had a portion of a chicken pot pie, while he had country fried steak, okra, carrots, and cole slaw. He also ate a cornbread muffin and a biscuit. While I drank water, he had coffee. I ate mine very slowly and read my book as I ate. It was quite pleasant. Now I am just waiting to see if I have any ill effects from my meal.

We came back and have been sitting on the front porch watching the traffic pass by and the birds flitting from tree to ground to wires, etc. Their songs are quite beautiful and pleasant to listen to. He is still sitting out there. We have just spent the last couple of hours out there, and I had to come in and sit inside for awhile. I got quite sleepy sitting out there in the warm sunshine and fresh air. I am getting about all the rest I can handle. I want to look for a bird feeder tomorrow when I am out and about. I would like to feed the birds so we can watch them eat.

Well, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the day. My friend, Marion, is feeling better and hoping to come home tomorrow. They have decided she doesn't need a pace maker. I am so glad for her. it would just be something else she would have to become adjusted to at the age of 90. Much love to all of you. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Grammy, Sounds like you all really enjoy your place and sitting outside watching the birds. It has rained so much here that my yard is like soup! I hope you continue to feel better. Sounds like your neighbors are taking good care of you both with some good food.