Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Summary of Today

Hey, Y'all,
I had a new experience today...not bad, but interesting. I went to the family doctor to give some more blood (for testing). It seems the doctor is quite concerned over what seems to be a low grade infection in my blood, because it is reacting in a funny (not ha ha) way in the recent blood tests she has taken. She also says my color is not good, and she wants me to not wait too long to have the gall bladder yanked out (well,not really yanked, but removed). She took another couple of vials of blood, but had to do the removal of the blood with a syringe from a vein in my foot, because they just couldn't do it with the butterfly from the back of my hand. My veins in my hand were not cooperating.

Anyway, after I left, I got to thinking and decided to call her back and tell her that if she wants me to move up the date on the surgery to do her part and I would do mine on my end of the deal. Her assistant in the office, (Barbara) called me later and gave me the number to call to move up the surgery date. She had tried to call and reschedule but the assistant who does the scheduling for the surgeon in Knoxville had left for the day, and so I will call in the morning to reschedule sooner if possible.

So right now, it is kind of up in the air, which is kind of how things are here quite often. haha. Tomorrow, Gramps and I are going into Knoxville for our Friday movie day with Imazo and Mae and are looking forward to it, of course. I have just previewed the movie. It is kind of a chick flick and ends on a great and happy note. Just what we need. It is called Aquamarine and is about a mermaid and two girls who are having to part because one of them is moving away and they befriend the mermaid. Really cute and funny movie.

Gramps and I went out to eat supper tonight and I was very good in what I chose to eat. Steamed broccoli and a piece of catfish. Well, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the evening. More tomorrow.Love to all of you. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

I hope you can get your surgery moved up. Keep us informed. You won't have to be anxious as long. Sometimes, I think that is the worse part! Take care now! Have a good week-end.

Judy said...

Good luck on getting the surgery moved up. I know what you are talking about with the blood coming out of the foot. I have what they call veins that roll and they have the hardest time getting blood from me. Have a great weekend, enjoy your movie.

Serbian Mink said...

Gwammmmmeeee,

what is yer color? are you lookin' like an autumn pumpkin? or are you pale?

hope they can get that troublemaker out soon!

Love, a