Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two Weeks Away

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I finally vacuumed out my car this afternoon (not before it needed it, by the way) and it just about wore me out. I had to lie down and rest awhile after I finished it. But it does look good. I will wipe out the dash and all that maybe in the morning.

This morning I got up early (6 a.m.) and had my shower and then sat down to eat my cereal and milk and read for awhile. I headed into Knoxville for my 9 a.m. appointment with the surgeon who is going to do the laparoscopic surgery on my gall bladder. It will take place on June 4th (two weeks from tomorrow) probably around 9:30 or 10 a.m. I have to report at the hospital at 8 a.m. I asked the dr. how soon I could drive after the surgery and he said for most people he says 7 to 10 days, but maybe after 5 days I could if I were really careful. He said, "I'm thinking you are probably a tough little lady". I said, "I have been told that."

After I left his office, I went on over and picked up Mae and then on to Imazo's and we got her and went on down to Shoney's where we ordered breakfast instead of eating at the "hog trough" bar. I ordered a soft scrambled egg and wheat toast and decaf coffee. I knew that for lunch I would only have some strawberries and fat free cool whip (which I did).

Following our trip to Shoney's we went back to Imazo's and sat at her dining room table where many conversations have taken place and just visited for a couple of hours. Then I took Mae home and came on back to my home. Gramps was up by the time I got home and had had his breakfast.

Later this afternoon we sat on the porch awhile (the weather is perfect) and then I cleaned out my car, and then we came in and I lay on the couch to recuperate from my exertions.

Supper is cooking right now, and we will be eating salmon loaf, mixed greens and hash browns (not fried in grease or oil, but some buttery flavored spray).

That is about it for right now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. More tomorrow. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Serbian Mink said...

Wow, Gwammee, yer diet has taken a serious turn for the righteous! keep rockin' on wid yer bad self!

you will feel outstanding after that nasty li'l goober is excised from yer abdomen...we'll be following yer progress.
Luv,
mink

Clara....in TN said...

Way to go!!!! I wish I could get busy and clean my car. I looks like someone lives in it...LOL Well, maybe not quite that bad. I know you will be glad when your surgery is over. I will be remembering you in my prayers. You will be "back in the groove" in no time.

Barbara said...

Hi Ruby. I am glad you& Imazo & Mae had a good visit. I am so glad you all are so close. I hope your surgery goes good, the hardest part is the waiting.Yes the weather has been great.Have a great evening.