Thursday, May 14, 2009

Busy Morning

Hey, Y'all,
Up this morning at 7 a.m. after a good night's sleep (but with some really weird dreams), and then on outside to water the flowers and fill the birdbath with fresh water. I filled the water kettle and sat on the porch for awhile waiting for the kettle to whistle for me. It was another beautiful morning, and I decided that I would go into Jeff. City after breakfast and do a little shopping.

Gramps actually got up this morning by 8 a.m. and ate breakfast with me. It was really pleasant to have him sitting there at the table with me. After breakfast, I got his insulin shot ready and he took it, then I got the trash ready to carry off and told Gramps that I would be gone for a couple of hours. I went to the local trash dumpsters and left the trash with them.

I headed for the drug store to drop off a bottle to fill, then on to the gas station fill up, and then on to Walmart. Sometimes, walking around that big store is like a surrealistic experience, people ignoring one anothet, except to say excuse me when one is in the other's way in the aisle and needing to be gotten around. You see people pushing buggies around, looking for only God knows what (they certainly don't seem to know), and probably taking home goods that they ask themselves why about when they get home.

Well, after wandering around for close to two hours, I left there and headed on to the Food City store where I bought a few groceries. One of the things I bought there was yellow and green squash. Both squash were the same price and so I put them both in the same plastic bag, and what do you know....the clerk opened the bag and weighed them separately. It seems that since they were the same price, it wouldn't make any difference, but apparently it did. They had to have each item rung separately. Duh!

Leaving there, I went on to the drug store to pick up my scrip and then with my car windows down, and the wind blowing through the car, I headed home.

By the time I got back home, three hours had passed and after I unloaded the car, I put some soup into the microwave for Gramps and then fixed a snack crackers lunch for myself. I had purchased some spicy imitation crab spread at the supermarket, and put some on some vegetable thin crackers and had that, with some water.

We went out onto the front porch a little later, but it was getting too windy to be comfortable out there,so we came back inside. For supper tonight, I bought a couple of talapia fillets, so I will be baking those and having some squash and boiled corn as side dishes. Hmmm sounds pretty good to me. Thank the Lord I am beginning to feel like having some good food. Right now, I am having trouble keeping my eyes open, and will probably take a wee nap after while. So this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the time being.

Much love to all of you. More later. Bye for now.

6 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hi hope you and Gramps are ok.
See you had another busy day.
hope you're having better weather than us here in the UK.
Take care.

Yvonne.

Clara....in TN said...

You are beginning to sound like your "old" self. Not meaning you are old, but meaning you are "getting back in the groove." PTL Don't over do it now and I will be typing at you again soon!

Barbara said...

Hi Ruby, Happy Birthday//I hope you wasn't trying to keep it a secret. Anyway have a great birthday tomorrow. Love ya//

azdarlene said...

May 16th,,,,,,HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY
Going down to Tucson to see Imazo, David and Andrea this afternoon.
Will be fun. Hope you are resting and taking care of yourself.
Have a wonderful and exciting
BIRTHDAY.
Love you
Darlene and Mark

Judy said...

Sounds like a good shopping trip. The story about the squash is hilarious! I really got a good laugh out of it. People can be so dumb sometimes that it just cracks me up. Have a great weekend and I am glad you are feeling better.

Serbian Mink said...

Tia,

they ring them up separately because it automatically does the inventory for them.

not really duhhhh, just necessary.
a