Saturday, May 23, 2009

Waiting for Tuesday

Hey, Y'all,
Now I am just waiting for the next working day to come along, probably Tuesday, so that I can go into my family doctor and ask them to handle the rescheduling of my surgery for me. I tried to take care of it for myself on Friday, and although I got the office of the surgeon, the scheduler refused to return my call. I say that is so very inconsiderate of her. It really made me quite perturbed. I waited all day patiently for her to return my call to no avail. Now I must wait until the offices are open after the long holiday weekend. Believe me, it is no holiday for me! ha.

Yesterday was a lot of fun, though. Gramps and I went in to Knoxville for our Movie Day with Imazo and Mae, my two sisters-in-law and dear friends. We went to O'Charley's and had a late lunch, then back to Imazo's for the movie. As I said the other day, it was a teeny-bopper chick flick and Gramps suffered through it cheerfully and I think even enjoyed it. He did request that the next one be a western or crime movie. I will see what I can do to honor that request.

I am hoping that I can be through my surgery before the next one. I am going to be counting on my neighbors and friends to be a lot of help during this upcoming surgery, because I know Carol won't be able to spend many days here if she gets to come. She is still recovering from pneumonia and its complications. I am quite blessed to have so many friends and family here.

I received a call from my family doctor while I was in Knoxville (on my answering machine) and she told me that if I get to feeling worse to mosey on over to the hospital and get my gall bladder out. I really don't think I can just go over and tell them to removed my gall bladder and they would do it. For one thing, I want a little control over who does it and where it is done. Anyway, I am not figuring on having any more episodes if I can help it. I am being very cautious.

Today, I visited with Kelly and Jim, my neighbors who own and live in the house that once belonged to our family. Jim was recently diagnosed with MS and he has begun taking the shots that are the treatment for the disease. He seems to be doing well. I had recently acquired the deeds that John, my brother in Arizona, who passed away in December of last year had in his possession. They are of no particular value except to contain the history of the land that we owned until 1986 when John sold the rest of the property and moved to Arizona with his family. When Imazo was out there visiting her son and his family, Darlene (John's widow) came to visit them and brought the deeds and other papers with her and gave them to Imazo to bring back to me. John had promised them to me several months before he died. So anyway, I took the deeds down to Jim and Kelly since they now own some of the original property. They were pleased to receive them and I was happy to take the deeds to them.

I am hoping to go to church tomorrow morning and then on to Knoxville to spend some time with Imazo and Mae. I am also hoping that Gramps will go with me. Imazo is leaving on Tuesday to go visit her family that lives up in Ohio for awhile. I hope she has a really good time with them.

Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Love to you all. Bye for now. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and that you get to go and worship the Lord with your fellow Christians. bye for now.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Grammy, It makes me furious when doctor's offices won't return your calls. They all act like your time is not worth anything and leave you sitting there waiting for calls. I would tell them so when I went in there, too. I love O'Charley's rolls. I can eat them until I am sick. We like the soup and salad thing they have going right now. Hope you are having a good weekend.