Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Call Back - AT Last

Hey, Y'all,
Yes, I finally got a call back from the surgeon's office (after Barbara at the family doctor's office called spoke to the office manager at the surgeon's office). She (Shirley) told me that the doctor was looking at his schedule and she would call me after he saw whether or not he could move my surgery up. Shirley called back an hour or so later and said they moved it to June 2nd (2 days earlier than it had previously been scheduled) and I thanked her very much for her trouble with no mention of her failure to call me back on Friday or yesterday. I refuse to be rude in return for other people's rudeness. It profits me nothing to behave that way, and if they gave a flip it would surprise me.

I was up this morning at 6 a.m. and went to the grocery store so I could get some milk and other stuff that we needed. I was back by 7:30 and ready to have my breakfast. Then I realized that I needed to go to Walmart and get some diabetic test strips for Gramps, so I headed out again about 9:00 a.m. and was back by 9:45.

For supper, I put some finely chopped beef stew on the stove to cook and added some good spices and water, and just let it simmer until a few minutes ago.I had to go out to the New Market trash dump and take our trash over there. When I got back, I added no salt canned tomatoes and frozen soup vegetables. It will make a big pot of soup that we can eat out of tonight and I will freeze some of it to heat and use after my surgery. I know it will taste good then, too.

Well, not much else shaking around here right now. I will probably work on Will's quilt some after while. I need to check my e-mails too right now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to you all. Please keep us in your prayers, and also my daughter, Carol and her husband. She is still recovering from pneumonial cough and infection, and Daryl has caught her infection and he is fighting cancer so his immune system is very low. Bye for now.


Serbian Mink said...

well i guess 2 days earlier is better than nothing. please continue to take care until then.
love yuzz,

Serbian Mink said...

Shirley may not have been intentionally rude. She may not have gotten the message promptly, may not have gotten it in time before she was scheduled to leave the office, or may not have gotten it at all. NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING.

i've worked in many an office where messages get lost in either transit or translation. cut her a break and don't be angry (your words speak volumes). it's bad for gall bladder (and soul) to hold your thoughts inside. u might have gracefully said to her, "oh, i sure wished you'd have returned my phone call last Friday. we might have gotten the surgery moved up further." might not have meant flip to her, but sure would do well for you to vent.

my two and a half cents, Gwammmeee.

Judy said...

I am glad they finally got back to you and you got rescheduled! I am having beef stew in the crockpot tonight, too. See, great minds run in the same direction....I will keep you all in my prayers.

Grammy said...

Hi Serbie,
The word that we got from the office manager is that Shirley claimed to have left me a message that she would call me on today. Not so...she did not. So...she iied. But that is water over the dam or under the bridge. Love youz too. TN said...

I'm glad you got your surgery moved up even for two days. Every day means that much quicker you will be back home. The beef-stew sounds good. I don't know what I will cook for our meal tonight. I just went to Food Country and spent $108.00, so surely I have something to cook :-) Take care now!

Serbian Mink said...

why that li'l hussie!'s taken care of and i was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

now if it had been Vern putting me off, that would be ANOTHER story! i'd a been mad as hell, and not gonna take it anymore!

behave til the 2nd.