Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Hey, Y'all,
Today is Memorial Day and it used to be called Decoration Day. It is a day that we remember those brave men and women who served our country in the United States Armed Forces and many who died protecting our rights to be free and worship as we pleased. Our hearts reach out to them and their families. I had four brothers who all served in the army and were proud to do so. They have all gone on to be with the Lord. Two of them served during the World War II in the Pacific Theatre of Operations. The third served during the Korean conflict in Germany as part of the Occupied Services. The youngest served in Massachusetts during the late 50's and early 60's before the Vietnam War.

For those of you who are wondering about my upcoming surgery, I know no more today than I did on Friday. I called the surgeon's office this morning and found out they will not be in today (of course!), so I will follow through tomorrow with my intent to contact my family doctor and get her to call and push through the appointment for the surgery to be updated to an earlier date than June 4. This is my best option, I think. Please understand I am not eager to do the surgery, but I understand the need to do it.

We had a very quiet day yesterday, and only spoke to my two sisters-in-law in Knoxville and I am sure today will be a carbon copy of yesterday. We did not make it to church yesterday, and I was in my nightgown all day long. I am still in it this morning but I will have my shower and change after while. I will probably make a trip to the grocery store after while. No hot dogs or hamburgers for us to celebrate Memorial Day. No cookouts. Just a very quiet day.

I am working on Will's quilt again and have just added the fourth row of six to it. Maybe I can get the fifth and sixth rows added before I go for my surgery. It depends upon when the surgery will be. My energy levels are quite low these days, but I am sleeping well. It seems my anemia is worse than it has been, so that is probably why my energy level is so low.

Well, that is about it for today. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More tomorrow after I get more info on my upcoming surgery. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Good afternoon, Ruby
I hope you get that surgery over soon.I dread it for you, but you will feel better after it is over.
I just hate that we will be gone,
maybe Imazo will check in on you
while we are in Ohio. have a good day. Love Barbara

Clara....in TN said...

Thanks for the update. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We had a quiet day yesterday and I know what you mean by wearing your gown all day. It felt right!