Saturday, May 16, 2009

Birthday 2009







Hey, Y'all,

Yes, today I am celebrating my 76th birthday. It has been a lovely day, too. No rain, only sunshine. It could not have been more perfect! Well, maybe....I could have celebrated it with all my grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and children around me and that would have made it more perfect. But I did hear from grandson, Daniel and heard singing from his and Whitney's children, so that was the next best thing to having them here.
I had breakfast with our honorary granddaughter, Jennifer, and Gramps over at Perkins' Restaurant, courtesy of her parents (thank you, Jean and Daniel!). I had calls from my two daughters and spent a good amount of online time with Teresa. I had a "happy birthday" call from niece, Tanya, and a visit from our neighbors, Scott and Laurie, Olivia and Gabriel, and a visit from our friend, Judy, and also a visit from Mark. There were gifts and cards and hugs and kisses. It has been a lovely day. I feel quite loved (actually, I always feel loved).

I have posted some pictures on the blog today. The top one is of the flowers that Mark and Allie brought me for Mother's Day, the next one is of the flower bed that Laurie, Gabe, Olivia, and Mitchell replanted for me, and the lower one is of the shamrock that Judy brought to me. I also received a book, a jigsaw puzzle, a quart of fresh strawberries, a gift card, some key lime pie, a frame with pictures of Jennifer, Nelson, Gramps and I, some wonderful body lotion for my really dry skin, a check to help pay for the new flowers in the flower bed, and this wonderful computer, several birthday cards, and as I said, lots of hugs and kisses. Never too many of those to suit me!
It has been a lovely day! Thank you all who sent me cards and called me to make this a special day! Thank you for the gifts as well. I feel so very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends!!
Well, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. We hope to be going to church tomorrow. I thank God for the freedom to go to church and worship Him openly with fellow Christians. We plan on going in to Knoxville and taking Mae to lunch. No, I won't be eating big tomorrow. I am trying to be good and careful of what I eat...don't want any gall bladder attacks. Love to all of you. Bye for now.





4 comments:

Barbara said...

Glad you had such a lovely day.
The flowers are pretty,
Glad your Birthday was so nice with so many lovely things,
I love special days.Happy birthday again. by for now have a good evening.

Clara....in TN said...

Your birthday sounded lovely. I'm glad you had a good day! Hope all the coming days are as happy as this special day! Love the flower pictures!

Matthew said...

Happy Birthday Day Grandma!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Pleased you had a great birthday, belated birthday wishes to you.
Seems you had a good time, the pics were lovely. Hope you and gramps are well.

Take care.

Yvonne.