Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Second Update today

Hey, Y'all,

It seems like a kind of long day today, but I wanted to let you know that Hugh is home and ensconced in the living room in a hospital bed. He is oh, so happy to be home. His bed is in front of the window, so he can look out and see what is going on in the world outside.

I left the house here at home at about noon and stopped at Mae's house and picked her up, and continued the few blocks on over to Hugh and Imazo's home. Imazo and one of their grandsons, Jon, were there arranging furniture so that the bed would have room to fit in with out a lot of feeling of being crowded.

The ambulance brought Hugh home about 1:30 or 2:00, and got him comfortably in bed. We visited awhile, and I volunteered to go get medications that he had prescriptions for and also to buy some sheets for the hospital bed. Mae went with me, and after we bought the medicines, and sheets, we decided to stop at Buddy's Bar-b-q and pick up some late lunches. I was thinking about leaving soon and going home, but when we got back, I discovered that one med was missing and we called and found they had one that was supposed to have been picked up the other day, so I brought in Imazo's lunch, and headed back for the other med.

I went to get the medicine and brought it back, and then Mae and I took off. I took her home, and then went home myself, and Dub and I had a late lunch/ early supper.

About Hugh: It seems that the other day when he was on his way to the doctor's office and kind of passed out, he was having a slight heart attack (if one can be considered slight). He has kidney disease, a weak heart, and a non functioning thryroid gland. I personally do not expect him to survive for a long time. Imazo is believing that he will get better. He is on Hospice care, which to me says he is dying, but I do not say any of this to her. Better to let her have all the hope she can, and let her eventually come to that realization on her own. He is on oxygen, and still has the catheter in his bladder.

Gramps and I intend to head back in tomorrow to visit and see if there is any way that we can help. Perhaps give her a chance to lie down for awhile without worrying about Hugh.

The weather here is stlll cold, but tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 50's. A regular heat wave, eh? It was 11 degrees this morning.

My eyes are feeling very heavy right now, I may take a little computer nap (that is where I sit in my computer chair and go to sleep with my hands folded on the keyboard) ha. I have already left a row of hhhhh's and had to delete them. ha ha.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the time being. Good night. Ha.


azdarlene said...

I am so sorry to hear about Hugh.
Your right it doesn't sound good.
Having Hospice there will help Imazo a whole lot. They really helped me with John. I wish I was there to help. Our prayers are with everyone in the famly.
Love to all,
Darlene and Mark, Becky, Kevin and Erica

Grammy said...

Dear Darlene,
Thanks so very much. I will relay your message tomorrow.
Love to all of you,
Ruby and Dub TN said...

I will say a prayer for Hugh and everyone concerned!

Judy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Hugh but glad that he was able to come home and is being made comfortable there. It was warmer here today. In the 40s and supposed to hit 50 something tomorrow. I am sure ready for it. Take care. Hugs, Judy

Barbara said...

Hi I just wanted to say I am going to see Hugh& Imazo tomorrow. I hope they have a good night
tonight, I hope you& dub have a good one too. By for now.