Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold Today - Colder Tomorrow - BRRRRR

Hey, Y'all,
My day started at 2:30 a.m. when I heard Gramps get out of bed. I thought he was headed into the bathroom, so after a few minutes, I sat up and looked to see if he was still in the bathroom. I called out to him and no answer. I got up and looked in the bathroom and he wasn't there. I went into the living room and saw the kitchen light was on. I went on in to the kitchen and saw that he had the bottle of milk on the table along with the Cheerios. He was sitting there eating a bowl of cereal. I asked him if he knew what time it was and said, "Who told you it was time for breakfast?"

He just smiled and rubbed his tummy. So I put the milk back into the fridge and said for him to come back to bed when he was through, but there would be no coffee that early in the morning. I continued on to the bathroom and then crawled back into bed and waited for him to return. He did so in few minutes.

We finished the morning by sleeping a few more hours. It was just too funny. I never know what he is going to do.

I have determined that I actually have a great place to walk and had not really thought about it. My basement will be a great place to walk and it is so handy. Mark has just had it painted a couple of weeks ago, and it is nice and clean. So in the morning, that is what I plan to do. I actually do better walking before breakfast.

ON THE Medical front: It is supposed to be in the single digits in cold temperatures outside in the morning. I didn't want to take Gramps out into that cold. I decided to call my eye surgeon and postpone my appintment. I have called and changed my eye surgery appt. to March. After I called them, Hugh called me to tell me about his appointment on tomorrow.

About Hugh: His son, Jeff, stopped by last night at Hugh's house, and apparently saw that Hugh has a leak on his lower leg near his ankle, and wanted him to see his Nephrologist, Dr, Holmes. It was supposed to be March before he was due to see Dr.Holmes. This morning, Imazo called Dr. Cox (Cardiologist), and asked if they could make an appointment for Hugh to see Dr. Holmes soon. So, they called and were able to make an appointment for Hugh to see Dr. Holmes tomorrow.

I have only been out of the house one time since Saturday evening, and that was to get the mail yesterday morning. Fortunately, we have one of those rural mail boxes, so it will hold a pretty good amount. Sometimes, I get my neighbor to bring it up for me. If that sounds lazy, too bad.

For supper this evening, I put some chicken drumettes in heavy foil, added some barbeque sauce, and put them into my crockpot. I have been smellling them all afternoon. We'll have some leftover mac and cheese, plus a small lettuce salad. Easy to make and oh, so good!

Mark brought over a plumber today to redo the pipes in the house. He will be replacing all the pipes with polyethelene (I think that is what he called it) pipes, which are made of the same material that the tubes used in dialysis machines are made of. They do not freeze or leak, and have no threaded pipes or glue.

The plumbers name is Jerry, and he will be doing the work in February. We may be spending our days when he does that, over at Mark and Allie's house. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Well, I must go and see to supper. Gramps has already come through looking hungry. Ha ha. I have almost finished Jessica's baby quilt. I will post pictures tomorrow, probably. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the day. Love to you all. Bye for now.


Serbian Mink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Serbian Mink said...

Hi Tia,

it will be in the high 70s here this weekend...i hate cold weather, feel your pain immensely.

what Gramps did is not unusual to me. i often visit the kitchen in the wee hours seeking an English muffin or fruit.

stay warm! and thanks for the Hugh news. what a sad shame... TN said...

Hi Grammy, hope you and gramps are staying warm. It was 5 degrees here in Bristol this morning. I wanted to scoot back down in the bed and take another nap....but Bill had other plans. He gets hungry at the early hours. (He's like Gramps) I may try to sneek in a nap this afternoon. I'm anxious to see this quilt!