Saturday, February 28, 2009

All Quiet on the New Market Front

Hey, Y'all,
It is a very quiet day here in New Market, TN. I actually slept in until 8:45 this morning (if you can call getting up about 3 times during the night sleeping in, ha.) This day is supposed to be rather rainy and grey outside. According to the weather man (who doesn't always know what he is talking about - he needs one of Granny Clampett's weather beetles -"Beverly Hillbillys") in order to predict the weather, I am thinking.

Actually, the last few days have been kind of quiet and peaceful. I did get out yesterday for a while to make my weekly trip to get groceries and stuff at Walmart. Whilst I was there, I saw a friend of mine for the first time in years. Of course, you know that Walmart is where you always are seeing friends that are long-lost. Ruth Ann was tellling me that she keeps in touch with several people on Facebook that we both worked with. It was really great to see her again and hope she will keep in touch.

So far this morning, I have folded and put away 3 loads of laundry (washed and dried yesterday and the day before), had breakfast, read some from my present murder mystery, and that is about it, but not too bad for a morning's labors. I still have my kitchen to clean up, but that can wait. ha ha.

I still have intentions to balance my check book today, along with some more working on Will's quilt. I spent several hours last evening working on additional flowers for his quilt. I decided I needed six more flowers to balance out the design for his quilt.

I am hoping to chat online with my daughter, Teresa, some time today, and if not today, then tomorrow. Well, that is about it for now. I think we are supposed to have some snow showers this evening into the morning hours. My pansies in the flower bed out front are standing a little taller since it has warmed a little during the days past. Unfortunately, they are going to be hunkering down again in a little while, trying to avoid the wind and cold.

This is Blabbn' Grammy signing off for now. More tomorrow, maybe, and if not, then soon. Are you keeping up with American Idol contestants? It is fun to see who will be in the final twelve and who will be knocked off each week. That is about it for today. Love to you all. I hope each of you have an opportunity to worship at your church tomorrow, and if you can't, I trust you will keep the Sabbath in your hearts. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Serbian Mink said...

Gwammee,

did you know that you can bank online and never ever again have to balance a checkbook?

and you can get a check card (looks like a VISA) from your bank that lets you use it like a check. the debits are automatically deducted from your account and this balances your "checkbook". WalMart and most stores other than MomnPop will take them.

Clara....in TN said...

Your day sounds wonderful to me. I've been watching my son-in-law cut down trees.
I'm watching america idol. So far my favorite is Danny. He was one chosen out of the first twelve. Altho, the little red headed 16 year old girl wasn't bad this past go 'round.

Judy said...

I'm watching Idol, too, Grammy. I like Danny, too. It is nice to have some lazy days once in a while. My twin daughters came to visit today and I cooked breakfast this morning. We had pancakes, bacon, and juice. It was a very nice day for me and they seemed to enjoy their visit. I hate to balance my checkbook. Seems I am always just a few cents off.