Friday, February 6, 2009

An Afternoon Out

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, we had an afternoon out after being indoors for five days. It was a beautiful day, and after I had returned from having my auto serviced, Gramps and I left for Knoxville.

We arrived at Imazo's and switched cars so all could ride comfortably (my car being a little constricting for two little old ladies to climb into the back) and then went to pick up Mae at her house.

A discussion over where to eat (always there is a discussion which goes something like this:)
Me: "where shall we eat?"
Imazo: "it really doesn't matter to me. Where do you want to eat, Dub?"
Gramps: "I don't know, but what are the choices?"
Imazo: "Cracker Barrel, or Applebee's, I guess."
Gramps: "Cracker Barrel, then"
Mae: "Cracker Barrel is good. It has been a while since I've been there".

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

So, we went to Cracker Barrel, and Gramps had his usual: The Old Timer's Breakfast.
After we ate, we took Mae back home and we went on to Imazo's home and sat and chatted for awhile. We reflected on remembrances of Hugh and she was telling us about having a lot of decisions that have to be made. Jeff was coming by at five today to take her to the bank to take care of some things financial. After giving her a hug and a kiss, we left for Mae's house to visit with her for a while.

We talked with Mae for a while, and I munched on some chocolates from one of the dishes of them she keeps on the coffee table. We sat in her living room and talked about all kinds of things. We left after about an hour and headed home.

Even though we enjoyed our time out of the house, we were glad to be back home. I made some raisin bread toast, and coffee as an evening snack.

When Gramps was getting ready for bed this evening, he mentioned that our house is the exact duplicate of a house we were in this morning. I asked him where we went this morning. He didn't know, but he thought we slept there at that house that was the same as this one. He said it even had all his clothes there. I asked him wonder how that was. He said, "Maybe it was magic." I said, "yes, maybe it was."

Just an example of his growing dementia, but it is a very gentle thing. He is quite humorous sometimes, and says some really funny things. Unfortunately, right now, I can't think of any of them. He has such a dry wit, and I love him dearly.

Tomorrow morning, I have trash to carry off to the local dumpsters, and groceries to purchase. I guess I'll have to visit the J.City Walmart, and get some things I need there. I am feeling withdrawal symptoms from not being at the Walmart for a whole week. Ha ha.

Well, not much going on here this evening. Monk is on television, and then Psych follows it, then bedtime for me. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for tonight. I hope each of you has a good night's rest and wake up ready for a brand new day. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Grammy!!! I am back!!! I missed you and your posts!! Sounds like you had a good day out with good company and food. It is so good to be back in the blogging world and back online after 11 days. I feel like I have been in jail and not allowed any visitors! Thank you for your concern and kind comments during the ice storm here. I have lots of catching up to do. Love, Judy

Clara....in TN said...

Good Morning Grammy, I'm glad you had an enjoyable day. It always helps to get outside for a while. I went to visit one of my friends yesterday. I didn't stay long because I had left a heater on in the bath room and I was worried about that. But it was O.K. I'm yearning for Spring, aren't you?

Serbian Mink said...

yep, just once one of youzz guys need to say, " Let's eat at Louie's today!" and everyone nod his/her head, "OK".

sheesh....if i wasn't trying to be polite, i'd speak up when i'm with yuzz, but i respect my elders too much.

glad you are having great weather. it's warmer there than it's gonna be here for the next few days! California storm heading our way.

why not add Dub's classic comment about you and me trying to "out-poor" one another with our conversation at Imazo's?

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Another interesting blog Ruby, I do enjoy your daily life. Had to smile about withdraw symptoms from Walmart for a week. the store in the uk equivilent to Walmart called Woolworths has gone bust. I had my first job there and had many happy memories, so it was so sad to see them close theirdoors
in January.
Take care of your selves.
Yvonne.