Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow A'Plenty

Hey,Y'all,
Yes, here it is a beautiful snowy day. The weather people had told us it was coming, but it was supposed to begin as rain and change to snow. Ooops! Fooled them, didn't it? When I discovered it was snowing, I pulled back the curtain that I usually keep closed in my work/craft/computer/sewing room. (I could just call it my multi-purpose room, couldn't I?)

The house is filled with the aroma of pizza sauce cooking on my stovetop. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, it does smell great. Chopped onion, olive oil, garlic, oregano, tomatoes, a dash of sugar, to sweeten the tomatoes, all of the above simmering in a kettle. I am making pizza tonight to serve to my guests, Scott, Laurie, Mitchell, Olivia, and Gabriel. It is my first attempt at making pizza, so we will see how it turns out.

Gramps is sleeping still, and the house is quiet, except for the tapping of my computer keys, and the clothes dryer in the kitchen. Well, there is the tinnitis that constantly hums in my ears, but I hardly notice it most of the time. For that I am most grateful.

We went over to Mark and Allie's last evening and had a really fun time. Our friends, Judy, Gene, Mark and Karen, and Mark and karen's daughter, Lauren, were there also. Allie served up some delicious snacks, along with some thatwere brought by Judy. I tried not to eat too many because of the salt content. The cameraderie was wonderful! We were sure the Steelers were going to lose, but as you may know, they won it in the last two minutes. Allie, being from Pennsylvania, is a dyed-in-the-wool Steelers fan. We whooped and hollered like crazy people. Ha.

I talked a few minutes to Imazo this morning and she was talking about how beautiful the snow is. Mae called while I was talking to Imazo, so I talked to her for a while as well. She said the snow has stopped falling there in Knoxville, but it is still going pretty strong here in New Market.

My pizza sauce is getting close to being ready to cool, and it is not long until lunch time. I think I may make me a cup of hot tea to go with my sandwich. I had never had hot tea until I was married for the first time, and we went to Indiana. While I was there, I was introduced to hot tea. It took a while for me to grow accustomed to drinking the stuff. I had grown up drinking coffee, and now the two are kind of on equal drinking levels, so to speak. I like them both. It depends on what I am going to be having with them. Sweet foods call for coffee, sandwiches and toast and other kinds of things call for hot tea.

Imazo seems to be doing okay, but I know it will definitely take some adjustments before she can completely deal with Hugh's passing.

Well, that is about all for now. Lots of things to get done today. More later. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, your pizza sauce sounds good. I made some 7up fried apple pies yesterday. They are so easy to make and so good. They keep saying it's going to start snowing here again and snow three to four inches. It hasn't started yet. Knoxville schools were out even today. That is very unusual. The new superintendent of Know County School is from Boston. I thought he would make them go if it got 12 ft. deep. I'm worried about Juday. She isn't back home yet!