Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day '09




Hey, Y'all,
We had a really great time yesterday evening at Imazo's and Mae's church in Knoxville. We drove in yesterday around 4 p.m. and switched cars with Imazo's, and then drove down and picked up Mae and proceeded up the hill to City View Baptist. When we lived in Knoxville more than 60 years ago, that was our home church. It was there that,as a girl of 13 years, I met and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

Jeff and his wife, Peggy, had been working along with others to prepare a meal for seniors. The youth of the church were servers. Of course, everyone was wearing red to celebrate Valentine's Day, and even the men looked dashing.

The meal started off with delicious potato soup, and cornbread mini-muffins. The entree was tender pork loin, white rice, and Spinach Maria, followed by choice of dessert: New York Cheesecake, Butterfinger Cake, or Mixed Berry Cobbler. Favors were little boxes with Hershey Kisses inside.

We had a program of music and stories of how couples met. It was so very enjoyable! We look forward to going again next year. I was so full that, on the way home, I loosened the waist of my slacks, so I could drive comfortably. Whew!

Pictures above: Gramps and me, Mae and Imazo

Today, at our church here in New Market, our spring revival began, and it was wonderful to be once again joining with our fellow Christians in worship. Gramps and I headed into Knoxville after church and once again, switching cars (we do this because our car is a two door and Imazo's is a four door and more comfortable for little old ladies to get into) we took Imazo and picked up Mae.

They wanted to know where we were going to eat, so to avoid another (where do you want to eat, etc.) conversation, I said, "We'll let it be a surprise". Then I took us to O'charley's for lunch. Gramps had his cane, and of course, was having trouble maneuvering, with my helping him walk. Even though there were many waiting to be seated, we were seated immediately in a little corner, but very nice table and roomy.

After we dropped them off, and switched cars again, Gramps and I headed home and upon reaching home, immediately we changed into our night clothes and took a nap. Tomorrow, we will be having our neighbors in to supper and playing games afterwards. I am planning on making a large chicken pot pie for our supper.

Well, it is time to end this posting. It has been a lovely weekend, and I look forward to the week to come. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for this evening. Love to all of you, my readers. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

I know you enjoyed being with everyone. That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we could still go out and eat. I miss that.

Judy said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's evening at your old church. I was looking at your post below. I used to love to play dominoes. You all look so "spiffy" dressed up for Valentines in your red outfits, too.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

So pleased you had a great St. Valentines Day, with everyone with you. hope you are well also Gramps.
Take care.


Yvonne.

azdarlene said...

Sounds like you had to much fun Saturday night. Dub looked especially good along with Mae, Imazo and of course you. Glad everyone got to go and have some fun. Sounds like you have had fun playing dominos. Mom liked playing
mexican train with dominos, alot of fun also.
Love ya,
Darlene