Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Time















Hey, Y'all,


Gramps and I headed into Knoxville this afternoon and promptly forgot that we had trash in the back of the car to take to the dump. I happened to remember before we got too far and promptly turned around to carry the bags of trash to the local dumpsters.


After we dropped off the trash we headed back out to the highway and proceeded on to Knoxville. Also in the car, we had the pie carrier holding the coconut pie. (picture above).


We got into Knoxville and were almost at Imazo's when I had to brake all of a sudden, and I heard the pie carrier slide off the back seat and hit the floor behind me. I just knew it would be all squished up when I got to Imazo's. Miraculously, it was just fine.


Imazo needed to go to the bank and the post office, so we left Gramps watching television and went to run the errands and to pick up Mae and bring her back to the house. I had thought we would be going to pick up some sandwiches for lunch, but Imazo had bought some lunch meat, tomatoes and lettuce for sandwiches, so that made it much better than going out.


She laid out a really nice spread for our lunch, made some iced tea and coffee, and we had pie for dessert. (see pictures). Yum, it was all really good!


We sat and talked for a long time, and watched some television. We just generally had a great time visiting. I know it would have made Hugh happy to see us having a good time together.


Gramps and I left about 5:30 and headed back home. We had left over pizza for supper at about 7 p.m. and retired each to our own devices; Gramps watching television in the living room, and I put some clothes in the washing machine to run, and then came in here to the multipurpose room. I know I will be watching American Idol in a few minutes after Jeopardy is over. I may even go to bed around 9 or 9:30 tonight.


Well, that is about it for tonight. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. More tomorrow. Love to all of you. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Serbian Mink said...

You guys are gonna burst at the seams!

I'm so glad you all have the family fellowship that you do. Imazo needs people close to her now. 5 steps on teh stairway to heaven for you all!

azdarlene said...

Ruby,
If the pork chops are tough for you then, Serbian Mink, Mark and I will come and eat them, they shound good and we have teeth. lol, lol. Glad to hear you are visiting Imazo and Mae they are like sisters to you. Keep Imazo busy right now.
Love you,
Darlene and Mark

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, I'm gald the pie wasn't smashed. It's looks wonderful. I would like to have a slice of it right now!
Who did you like on American Idol? I liked the last boy that sung. Danny Gokey. I think he blew the rest of them away. Titianna did better last night. she didn't act so silly. The boy from Chappel Hill NC was good. Tonight I'm anxious to see which three came through. Danny Gokey is my choice out of the three I voted for.

Judy said...

That pie looks so good. I bet you are one good cook! I love American Idol but I like all the reality shows. I switch back and forth between Idol and Biggest Loser. I like the same guy Clara liked last night and he got put through tonight to the final 12.