Friday, October 10, 2008

We Had our Ears Lowered


Hey, Y'all,

Never heard that expression about having your ears lowered before? We went to the beauty shop today and had hair cuts (raising the level of the hair so that the ears look a little lower.)


I also had a pedicure and it felt so wonderful! Gramps will have his pedicure at the podiatrist's on Thursday afternoon and Medicare will pay for it.


It seems as though we are going to have some more rain tonight. The day has been so warm and nice, and the leaves are beginning to change color to the beautiful reds and golds. I think maybe we will go out to a family restaurant this evening and have some catfish. (If I can convince Gramps that it is a good thing to do).


Well, hey, we just got back from Lisa's Kitchen in Jefferson City, and the catfish was very good! Gramps did just fine, too. Every time that I can get him out, gives him more practice with the walker that he uses.


Tomorrow, I have plans to let Gramps sleep in and I will go carry off trash; go to Lowe's to get pansies to plant in my flower bed for the winter. Then I hope to come home and plant them. We also had a death in our church family, and I will be taking a ham to the church tomorrow to help feed the bereaved family lunch before the "receiving of friends" to be held at 5-7 p.m. I have plans to attend the receiving of friends and then the funeral services at 7 p.m. Gramps will be just fine sitting here and watching television in the evening.


Speaking of flowers, it is the last fling for the wildflowers that are blooming in the flower bed. (see picture). I will be uprooting them and planting the pansies. My laundry is done and put away, the kitchen is clean, and that is really all that has to be done for the time being.
We had a visit from the speech therapist, Carol, today and Gramps and I enjoyed that, as always.
I worked on my quilt organization for a while this morning, and the stitching together of pieces for the appliqueing. I have about fifteen of them done, with only 66 more to go. Then they have to be appliqued onto the squares (81). Then the 81 squares have to be stitched together with the backing and batting in between the squares and backing. I have yet to cut out the backing squares and the batting squares. But, it will eventually all come together, it is just a matter of keeping on plugging on.
I guess you may have noticed the new picture in the upper left hand of the blog of me in a red suit and hat. That picture was made almost four years ago, at Easter of 2005, when I had recovered from my bypass surgery that I had in September of 2004.
That is about all I have to say for right now. More tomorrow, after I have planted my pansies. I trust each of you will have a good night's rest and have a fun work day (or rest day) tomorrow. May God bless each of you. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for tonight. Bye now!

1 comment:

Clara....in TN said...

I got my ears lowered Thursday. It had been eight weeks since I had a hair cut. I like it O.K. but it's hard for me to find a hair dresser I like. The first thing they do it cut it straight across the back like you have had a bowl set down on your head. I found one about a year ago, but she kept moving...I couldn't keep up with her. I still miss her.
Well, Grammy, I hope you have a good night. Take a picture of your pansies when you get them set out.