Thursday, October 2, 2008

Early October Birthdays







Hey, Y'all!
I want to wish four people happy birthday! My Sweetie, Gramps; Our Honorary Neice, Tanya; Our good friends, Gene and Judy. Today is Judy's birthday, tomorrow is Gramps and Tanya's birthdays, and Saturday is Gene's birthday. I apologize for the picture of Gene and Judy because it is not a recent one, but the only one I could find on my computer.

As you know, Gramps is celebrating his birthday by our eating out at a really neat restaurant tomorrow with me, my brother and his wife (Hugh and Imazp), and our sister-in-law, Mae. We are eating at a posh restaurant called Regas. We will be joined by his sister, Bonnie; their niece, Donna; and her husband, L.D.

It has been a couple of years since we have dined at the Regas, because it is a little rich for our pocketbooks.
We had a visit today from the physical therapist and also from the speech therapist. Gramps had some sore muscles this morning from yesterday's exercises, and didn't want to get out of bed this morning. When I forced him to finally arise at 10 a.m., he said, "You're a hard man, McGhee", but he did get up.

He has already decided that he wants to wear a suit tomorrow, so that is what he will wear. I would rather have had him wear blue jeans, but he wants to dress up. So, I guess we will. He has been wearing sweats all the time since the time he was in the rehab hospital because they are easier to manage, and are more comfortable.
In the morning, he has a therapy session with physical therapay at 9 a.m., then a shower, assisted by the occupational therapist at 11 a.m.

Well, that is about it for tonight, I want to get this posted this evening, so I better sign off for now after I get the pictures uploaded for birthday people. Blabbin' Grammy winding it up for this evening. Love to you all. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hey, Hope Gramps has a great birthday.Enjoy your celbration.
I will be having a birthday this
month also.
Well have a great day.
Love and prayers to you both.