Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've Been an Old Sew and Sew Today

Hey, Y'all,
I knew we wouldn't be going to church today. I awoke at 4 a.m. and after taking a trip to the restroom, I went back to bed and couldn't rest. My brain had already activated, so after an hour of trying to go back to sleep, I gave it up and got up. I went into my work/tv viewing/craft/computer room , which also contains my closet and pulled out my housecoat. I sat down at my sewing machine and began working on my grandson, Matt's, quilt.

I had a few flowers to rip off the squares because my work had changed direction. Then I went into the kitchen and took one of my five morning prescription pills so that I could eat an hour later. I take Nexium for acid reflux and then I can eat an hour later with no heartburn problem. Then I came back in here (where my computer is), and started sewing flowers for the squares.

After an hour, I went back into the kitchen, got out my cereal, bowl, and milk, and started eating breakfast and reading my paperback book. Oh, yes, BTW, I just finished reading an excellent historical fiction called Homeland by John Jakes. It is a 1200 page book and makes for interesting reading about our country in the 1890's and early 1900's. It is about a young man who emigrates from Germany and his family who is already established as American citizens in the city of Chicago. It took me a little over a week to read it, because it was so interesting I just had difficulty putting it down for long.

Several hours this morning after breakfast I spent online chatting with my daughter, Teresa, who lives in Alabama. We can spend hours just chatting about anything and nothing important. It is a most pleasant time for me, and I think for her as well.

Gramps is getting better each day. His head is not hurting him much any longer, and I think his neck is getting better as well. He is improving in his walking around too. We are so thankful to the Lord for all the improvements he is making. We are truly blessed.

I have spent the better part of today sewing and am finally making progress (I feel that I am anyway). I have also spent the better part of today sneezing and blowing my nose, trying to keep it from dripping. The quilt pieces that I am using were some that Margaret (my sister) had cut, and they were dusty from being in her apartment for so long while she was in the hospital and nursing home before she passed away. She fell on July 7 of 2007, breaking her leg, and spent six months in the hosptial and nursing home, alternately. She passed away last December 29th.

I only lack making four more flowers to have enough to place on the quilt squares and then after I stitch them all on the sixty four squares, I will be putting them together into the quilt. I will probably be stitching the flowers onto the squares tomorrow. Then I will place the squares in a pillow case and wash them so I won't be troubled with the dust in them anymore. Sounds like a plan, huh?

Gramps was in bed until a little past one p.m. today. I just let him sleep since he will be getting up tomorrow so that he can be up for the therapists coming tomorrow. I had a nice nap about 2:30 today and it was wonderful. I know it won't be long until I hit the sack tonight, because my eyelids are getting heavy.

Well, that is about it for today. I hope to be an old sew and sew tomorrow, too. ha ha.
This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More tomorrow. Love to you all, dear family and friends. Bye for now.

1 comment: TN said...

Hi Grammy, I wish I could get into my quilt square and sew them all together. I can't get any thing done for knitting socks. LOL Send a picture when you get it finished!