Friday, October 31, 2008

Spooky Day - no Spooks Here

Hey, Y'all,
No spooks around here. We don't celebrate Hallowe'en at this home. We don't give honor to such a celebration.

We did, however, travel in to Knoxville and had our late lunch/early dinner with Hugh, Imazo, and Mae at Applebee's Restaurant. I had a different menu item than I have ever had: barbeque riblets. YUM! I am sure that it will be a future dish for me when we go there to eat. Little barbeque pork riblets with very tiny bones that take up little of the amount of serving.

The swelling in Hugh's legs has gone down quite a bit, we were happy to see. He still has a lot of difficulty walking, but it is a plus that the swelling is less.

I called our doctor here in Jefferson City this morning, and while she could not see us today for Gramps' problems, the receptionist said she would pass my message on and the doctor would give me a call on Monday morning and perhaps let the receptionist work him in one day next week. We will keep our fingers crossed (although that will make it rather difficult to do any work in the meantime).

Gramps has been using his cane to walk around with all day, except for using it to go into the restaurant and out again. Then he was using his walker, because it gives him better balance and as he said, "people would move aside for him when he used a walker".

Jennifer is coming for breakfast in the morning and it will be wonderful to see her again. She is such a delight and Gramps and I are always pleased to see her. She is like a granddaughter to us. I will be cooking sausage, eggs, and biscuits for our breakfast.

I was up early this morning working on the quilt for our grandson, Matt, who lives in Texas and is the youngest son of our daughter, Carol, and her husband, Daryl. He is a delightful young man and the only one of their children for whom I have yet to make a full size quilt. When it is finished, I will make a picture and post it for you all to see.

Well, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the night. Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour tomorrow night before going to bed for Daylight Standard Time. Love to all of you! Bye for now.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am glad you reminded me about the time. I had completely forgotten. I love those riblets at Applebees. YUM.