Saturday, April 26, 2014

                Xenogamy
The little boy asked his mommy,
"Where do babies come from?
My friends and I would like to know, see?
We're full of cu'rosity."

"Er...ah, go and ask your daddy, please,
He teaches science at school
And knows how to explain with ease,
Such complicated question with no difficulties."

"Okay" was the quick reply, as he ran off
To seek the man who knew all things.
"Hey, daddy! I need to know where babies
Get here, mommy said you could 'splain me

'xactly where they come from. 
The Daddy gazed into his son's face
And saw the curiosity. He cleared his throat
And began to explain the procedure of xenogamy.  

"You see, son, when flowers bloom in the Spring, 
The man flower makes dust.  Then the honey bee
Comes along and picks up the dust on his feet 
And carries it to the Lady flowers and 

Sprinkles them with it. And pretty soon 
There are little baby flowers.  And then they grow
Into big ones.  And the whole thing begins 
All over again."  The Son looks up at the Daddy

And says, "That's strange!  'Cause Tommy told us
That a man and woman get married
And they hug and kiss and go to a hospital
And bring home a baby! Just wait till I tell them

They'll never believe it!  That babies come from flowers
That are visited by honeybees!"  The Father slapped
His forehead and said, "Oh my! What have I done?  
He will have to wait and find out on his own!"













7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....and did he know or are you just going to keep us hanging?

Blabbin' Grammy said...

Sorry. The I pad I was using only printed part of it so I have to wait till I come home from the hospital where I'm presently a patient. More later when I am home. Love to you

Mom's Blog said...

We got it finished and posted. The whole poem is on there now.

TWW said...

brilliant, hope you are okay.

Anonymous said...

Love the finished product.
Are you all right?

Blabbin' Grammy said...

Yes. On the road to recovery. Thanks

Kathryn Thornton said...

Lovely poem and a topic that all of us are reluctant to talk with our children about.

Hope you are on the mend and will soon be as right as rain.

http://katloveswriting.blogspot.com