Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ornery

                 Ornery

It has been said of Jim, quite often,
Because of his truculent, stubborn determination 
Although it causes endless vexation
Of others, he displays a natural born orneriness. 

"Why, I do declare," states Jim's Mama in despair
"I don't know where he got it from!
His daddy is so patient and kind,
And never seems to mind

Agreeing to what or how stuff is done.
But not our Jim! He never will agree
To what's proposed, cause when he
Gets somethin' in his mind

Not even dynamite could change his aim,
His mind is as firmly set as the Rock 
Of Gibraltar: it couldn't be more firmly fixed,
Than that ornery idea of his.

That's just the way it is,
In that stubborn heart of his.
One thing I know, however,
Is that for the one he chooses to love,

It will be forever!"
That's exactly what she said, 
When asked about his turn of mind.
Now ask me and I will say,
 
"I'm so happy he found me,
And since it's just my Jim and me,
Now he's not by half so ornery.
Whoopee!"
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...a match made in heaven. This is terrific. I'm really enjoying your trip through the alphabet.

Grammy said...

Thanks! I am, too. :)

TWW said...

awww, that's sweet.

Unknown said...

Love it, so very precious!