Saturday, April 25, 2015

Victimology

Comment moderation is turned off. Please feel free to comment. Thanks.

Do you know any victims? I'll bet you do!

They are the ones who are asking, "Why do things always have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?"

Or they may think that everyone is out to get them. 

"I just can't seem to get ahead...something is always getting in the way of success."

One doesn't have to be murdered to become a victim. It is many times the result of a state of mind. 

Sure, bad things happen to people, but look at the stories of so many people who have overcome such things.

Helen Keller and Fanny Crosby are two good examples of blind people who turned tragedy into triumph.

Every day, for those who read the newspapers or watch television, they see and hear stories of how people who could have turned sour on their circumstances turned around to help others. 

Victimology can be turned into victory. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to tell the hubs that very thing but he's not buying it.

Grammy said...

Poor Baby! :-)

jaybird said...

I try to be sympathetic with this attitude at first. Some people don't even realize how they sound, or that they are bringing this victim-type of behavior on themselves.After I hear the same excuses over and over again and the same old poor me song and dance, I start to get a whole lot less sympathetic and a whole lot more ready to cut them loose. Honestly, if I sat around and only dwelled on all of the negative things that have happened to me in my life, I would never get out of bed. There comes a point in time where you need to wise up, toughen up and move on.

Grammy said...

Right, Jay! I think Steve Harvey is a great example of someone who has overcome adversities, and came out on top.