Friday, April 10, 2015

Individuality

Comment moderation has been turned off. Please feel free to comment. Thanks. 

Some  people value their individuality, others want to be like someone else, maybe a famous person.

I always prized not being like anyone else, always wanting just to be appreciated for who I am.

Spare me from being considered a " cookie- cutter" person, please!

Readers Digest used to have a true story in it each month written by different persons. It was called, "My Most Unforgettable Character".

I always thought that it would be nice if someone would write such a story with me as the central subject. What a hoot that would have been for me. 

First and foremost, though, I would want them to say that I'm a believer in Christ.

Yep, I am an individualist. What about you?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i sincerely doubt that I'm original enough to be the only one of me lol.

Grammy said...

Okay, friend, consider this:
You are the only one with the exact DNA you have. God made only one of you. Your inner being is different from anyone else's. God knew you from before the time you were conceived. No one else has the exact thoughts that you do; similar perhaps, but not the same ones. You are an original. The final persuasion I would use is that when Jesus died, he died for each individual who would be born, not for mankind. We are each originals.
Love you. Ruby

Unknown said...

Another excellent post! Nobody is an accident, there is a purpose and plan for all of our lives...awesome stuff.

Grammy said...

Thanks, Anne-Marie.

Robyn Proctor said...

I think it's very important to remember that while we have similar feelings and dreams, we're all different. I think more people would get along better that way.

Blabbin' Grammy said...

So true, Robin.

Anonymous said...

Each and everyone of us are unique. Some embrace it - others go out chasing something (or someone) else. In the end we all are who we are and the happiest once are those embracing it. Appreciating the individuality and making the best of what they were born to be.

Blabbin' Grammy said...

Yes, my green nook, it is the recognition of our differences that helps us to fulfill our destinies. Thanks for your comments.