Saturday, April 4, 2015

Defining Moments

Comment Moderation is turned off. Please feel free to comment. Thank you.

Defining moments in our lives quite often occur without warning, and also our awareness at the time.  
The moment when you get a gift, or are hired for a job - the day you meet your future mate - or when you get into your car for a routine trip down to the grocery and are hit head-on by another car. All of those can be defining moments influencing the rest of our lives.

For me, one of my most recent life-changing moments was when I was offered a big kitty cat who needed a home. By big, I mean an eighteen pound one. She is named Bella and now has the run of my home and tries to boss me around, as well. I gave her the name Bella, because it is Italian for beautiful, and she is.



She loves to sit herself on my quilting as I try to stitch it on my sewing machine. She loves being near me, and is never very far away from me. She has changed my life tremendously. Now, I talk to her instead of to the television. We communicate quite nicely. 

Do you have a "Bella" in your life? 

What were some "Defining Moments" in your life?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

She IS beautiful.
Oh those defining moments....the last one would be when my hubs licence was taken away due to his deteriorating eyesight. That was a moment for both of us.
P.S. I loved your comment on my "D" posting....such a sweet remembrance.

Mister Weirdo said...

One of my defining moments came in 1976 when I challenged God to come through for me which He did in what most people call an aha moment, but this one was so obvious that I call it my "duh" moment.

Unknown said...

I was drawn to your site because "Grammy" was what I called my grandmother. She died in 2000 six weeks short of her 100th birthday! I can relate to your cat "Bella". I have two cats, one female called Lucky and a male called Pumpkin. Lucky is a terrible boss but she often talks to me. Pumpkin is a people cat, loves to be around us and enjoys sitting on my knee. He is an absolute pleasure.

Grammy said...

Thanks, Delores...
Mister Weirdo, God always comes through, doesn't He? Sometimes in ways that we would never expect...

Unknown said...

Sorry adding what I should have put in the previous comment. I am also participating in the A to Z Challenge Pastimes-Passions-Paraphernalia.org.

Grammy said...

Hi, Carolyn. Thanks for the visit and comment. I love to hear about other people's lives. I guess that is why I am a FB participant, and an avid blogger. I'll be sure and check out your blog. Tried to find Mister Weirdo's but the only one of his that I could find was from 2009.

Mom's Blog said...

I like your A to Z Challenge month. Glad you do your writing!

Unknown said...

Another great post! She's beautiful.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi, Ruby. I really glad you like your Bella. I miss my dog Happy. I can't have a pet now, but I found another way to have pets. I am feeding outdoor birds now on my balconing.It is really fun to watch them while I am eating my breakfast and so do them. Most of them are Dark eye Junco. So they are my "pets" for now! Love you and miss you.

Mister Weirdo said...

Unfortunately, your blog only allows me to sign in with my Google account and doesn't let me put in my name and website.

I am at Ato Z Texas Towns and I also blog at Make a Life, Not a Living that you have visited and from where I found your blog.

McM said...

Ruby, your Bella is beautiful and I enjoy the photos you add of her on FB. My moment would be the day I adopted by Birsay back on 11 November 2014. He has changed my life in so many ways. I now have true purpose in getting up every morning. Enjoy your day. Mx

McM said...

Oops I meant 2013 - almost 18 months ago!

Grammy said...

Thanks, guys!