Monday, November 29, 2010

Visit to the Doctor

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I went to the doctor today to see what he would have to say about my ankles swelling. We went over my blood work that was done last Monday and also discussed my health in general. He told me that my condition has improved since July, according to a comparison of July's bloodwork, and also that it had improved since the bloodwork that was done a month ago.

My liver enzymes have improved greatly since July, and also he said that my heart shows no evidence of congestion. My lungs are clear, and in general I am doing well. I told him about a former doctor telling me and my daughters that I was a "walking time bomb" and he was aghast that a doctor would say such a thing to a patient. He said, "In the first place a doctor should never tell a patient such a thing and in the second place, it is not true about you."

I had not seen the doctor before that I saw today, he is part of the group that my family doctor belongs to. I really liked him, but I probably won't see him again unless I need an appointment on a Monday, because that is the day he is in the office there at the Senior Health Care clinic.

He also told me that apparently I don't need potassium because two of my medications cause my potassium levels to rise. Anyway, I came away feeling a lot better. He said I have some edema in my legs but not much, and if I wanted to take an extra lasix occasionally (as my cardiologist suggested in Knoxville) that would be okay. There was not as much today as there was last Tuesday when I was so concerned. (ARE you tired of hearing about my doctor's visit? ha ha).

When I got home, I got out the half a Cornish game hen that I cooked yesterday, I boiled an egg, and chopped it all up together, added some walnuts, a few green grapes, some ranch dressing, and had a really great chicken salad for lunch. YUM! Doesn't that make you hungry?

Today is the birthday of grandson, Matthew, Carol's youngest son. Happy Birthday, Matt. You can see his picture on the blog posting from Friday. :)

That is about it for today. I am feeling much better emotionally than I did on Sunday, thank you all so very much for all the support. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

10 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

Sounds like you're getting better, Ruby. I may not be blog-hopping much these days, but I often think about you and all you've been through and hope you're okay. I also see you have a daughter who's facing a challenge. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Life has a way of flipping some pretty awful events into our lives. A family member's doctor once reminded me that there's only one way to deal with such things: one day at a time. I try to remember that.

Margie's Musings said...

That's what I told my Bob when he asked me how long he had.

It worked for us. We just didn't run ahead of ourselves.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad it was a good report today!!

myletterstoemily said...

walking time bomb? that doctor should
have his license revoked!

i'm so glad you're doing better. sounds
like more of a walking inspiration!

merry Christmas,
lea

Barbara said...

So glad to hear of the good Dr. report.I hope you continue to feel better emotionally.The Christmas season will be a reminder of years gone by.But you have your memories,no one can take them away from you.Have a great evening and a good night.

Ella said...

Glad you are feeling better; I don't always believe what they tell me anymore, since I have seen them to be wrong, several times. Go with your gut~ You are amazing soul;I need to go to the DR and I'm dragging my feet. I fear hearing the same thing. YOU shouldn't be in pain, but I am...augh~

Hope your grandson had a Happy Birthday! xXx

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Pleased you came away from the doctor;s feeling happier, hope you continue to improve.

Take care.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Oh aren't we glad that God's plans are so much higher than the Doctor's words?
Rejoicing with you over this good news my dear friend.
Hugs,
Deb

Grammy said...

Oh, Wow! What inspiration and encouragement all of you give to me!Thank you all so very much. God is indeed wonderful and so gracious to each of us! Love to you all. Ruby

Unknown said...

Hello dear Ruby, so please to hear you had a good report from the doctor! Sorry I haven't been around to visit much, lots of trouble for me on the homefront now and I just haven't been blogging much.

Many blessings to you as we prepare for the coming of our King!

Trudy