Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some Results

Hey, Y'all,
Well, a week ago, I had to go back in and do a followup blood work test for the potassium level. They called me and told me that it had come down about a point, because I had stopped taking it for three days. This only because I called them on last Friday and they told me they would send me a copy of the bloodwork by mail, and they couldn't tell me over the phone more than the bit about the potassium. This was because the doctor had to look at it and determine the meaning of the results.

Okay, so today the office calls me and says I need to come back in next Monday and have more bloodwork done for the potassium (to see how much farther it has dropped or even if it has). She also said my cholesterol is 271. Well, duh! That was no surprise because I have been off my choleseterol medication for about five months or so because of my liver abcesses that I had following the gall bladder surgery gone bad a little over a year ago. She did tell me too that my liver enzymes are still high. (no surprise there either.ha) They also want to check my kidney function as well. So that is where things stand right now. I guess I will know more in a couple of weeks. She did say also that my thyroid blood testing is normal, so I won't worry about the small cysts that the cardiologist said showed up on my carotid scan. "IF it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Well, I think I will get out of my housecoat, take a shower, and go see what I can find in the matter of Christmas shopping. Nothing like getting out amongst 'em, (as Dubby used to say) and seeing what the people 'out there' are doing. :) I have a list to begin with, and places to go to look for some of them.

We had rain (storms in fact) last night, and it was wonderful to wake up and hear it, and so cozy to snuggle down in my covers and go back to sleep. I did get up around 5 a.m. to carry the trash out for pickup after 7 a.m. I just stayed up and sat down at my computer to catch up on what ever had happened overnight, and about 8 a.m. I made my breakfast and turned on the radio to listen to some country music while I ate. I looked out the bay windows and saw leaves all over the yard where the rain had removed them from the trees, but didn't see the cats out there. There are a couple of loose boards in the back privacy fence that the cat goes through. I am going to get some boards and renail them, to finally close it up, or find someone who will do it for me.

Well, that is about it for today. I won't get out if I don't get off my little round duff. Ha. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. More later. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now.


Margie's Musings said...

Those cats will hop right over that fence, Ruby. They do here and I have a big privacy fence.

Margie's Musings said...

By the way..take care of yourself. It sounds like you have some potentially serious health problems.


I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)


welcome to my world of poetry said...

Hope your next blood screening is ok. I had the results of mine today all normal,
Ruby take care of yourself, will be thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but since Halloween there have been cats all over my neighborhood and I had not seen any in ages. The other lady is right they can hop over a fence and squeeze through anything. There was a black cat hiding behind my garbage can the other day and I started to move it. The cat jumped out and scared me to death. I hope nobody was watching me run all over the front yard! Hoping you get good results from your next tests.

Wanda said...

Hi Ruby, I hope everything gets lined out with your health. Just stopping in to say hello.