Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Shopping (Almost Finished)

Hey, Y'all,
Yes, that time of year is here when we go out to try and find Old Santy Clause, and I think I found him a few days ago. He said that he thought people are rushing the season a little bit, because everywhere you go the stores are already playing Christmas music and Thanksgiving is not even here yet. I told him that he must be behind the times, because they have been doing that for years. Ha.

A couple of days ago, I went to some stores on Glade Road in Colleyville, and also I've been to Walmart a few times. Want to know how you are in a Walmart? First of all, there are at least three or four babies yelling their lungs out, and people are pushing their buggies around loaded with all kinds of stuff. The temperament of said shoppers is not always great either. I try to smile at everyone I see, and quite often get a look from them that says, "What are you smiling about, anyway?" ha ha. Sometimes, I laugh out load, and make them really wonder. ha ha ha

This is the time of year that parking places come at a premium, too. So far, I haven't had any problems finding a place, because I can park far enough out in the North 40 that there are still spaces, and I don't mind walking. I have already seen cars waiting behind others waiting for them to finish backing out, so that the waiting driver can pull into the place.

I went out this morning about 10 a.m. to try to finish most of my shopping, and went to Walmart. Even so, I had to park some distance away from the door and I did see drivers waiting for others to finish backing out. I had only been in the store a couple of minutes, when I noticed that there were a whole lot of buggies being pushed around. By the time I left (about an hour later), the shoppers were lined up at just about all the check outs, and the joint was jumpin'. I reckon maybe it will be that way from now till customers return gifts after Christmas. Ha ha ha

I bought myself an electric blanket to use on my bed at night, since I am keeping the heat setting fairly low to sleep comfortably at night. I love having a cold nose, and a warm body (kind of like a puppy?) and have always enjoyed sleeping in a cool room.
Speaking of Christmas gifts, I have a whole bunch to wrap and probably should do that some time today, and then I will be mostly ready for Old Santy Clause when he comes down my chimney. I actually have a chimney now for him to fall down through. I also have a kitchen to clean and will probably get that done before I go to bed tonight. Ha.

Right now, I need to go have some lunch and then we'll see what I want to do next. Hope you are all having a great weekend, and have a good service at your church tomorrow. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you. Bye for now. More later.

4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I have done some of my Christmas shopping, but will give my son the cash for his three as they keep changing their interest.

Have a good week and good luck with your tests this week, be thinking of you.

Yvonne.

Barbara said...

I have some of my shopping done,but won't finish until after Thanksgiving week end is over.I don't do the black Friday thing.Too many people out there for my liking.Can't beleive the holidays are here again.Have a great day,Ruby.

Anonymous said...

This is just such a busy time of the year. I hate shopping during the holidays. I order a lot of my stuff. Today, I am cleaning house for Thanksgiving and Tuesday I will start cooking. I hope you have a great Turkey day! Love and hugs.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're almost done with your shopping - me too!