Friday, November 26, 2010
# 601 - Thanksgiving Day - What I Did
Well, yesterday was a good day for me, how about you? Yesterday morning, I was up early, did some farming on my Farmville game, had a good breakfast and just kind of dallied around most of the day. Around noon, I had my shower and got ready to be picked up by my grandson, Matthew and wife, Amy, around 3:30 and we journeyed on out to her mom, Jan's and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with Jan; Patrick (her husband); his son, Jared; Lindsay, (Amy's sister) and her husband, Scott; Lindsay's and Scott's two children, (Maren and Addelyn). Oh yes, they have a dog named Annabelle. So we all had a really fun time.
One of the things we did was to each do our part of a Christmas Video that Jan is making. I look forward to seeing the finished product at Christmas time. Another thing, Jan and Patrick apparently have a custom of awarding a door prize each time they have a celebratory gathering at their home, and if someone is there for the first time they automatically get the door prize. Otherwise, everyone's name is put in and a winner is drawn. (At least that is what they told me when Jan awarded me the door prize, which was a beautiful holiday candle). I got to wear a Santa Hat, too. Yeah!
We had a scrumptious meal and filled out little bellies till they were a bit rounder than before we began. Ha ha. We sat around the supper table and told of things we are grateful for and also related a remembered Thanksgiving. Lots of good memories and grateful hearts for a lot of good things we have in our lives.
Here are some pictures.
1. Scott and Jan preparing some of the meal
2. A Turkey holding a turkey. Ha ha.
3. Amy and niece Maren
6. Lindsay, Addelyn, and Jan
7. Jan (Holding granddaughter Addelyn), Me holding my candle door prize, Lindsay
8. Jared, Dad Patrick, (carving turkey) and Matthew
9. Table before spread
10. Addelyn (read that shirt, folks)"Everyone is thankful for me" Ain't that sweet?
11. Mommy Lindsay with Addelyn and Maren
12. Left to right: Scott, Jared, Lindsay, Patrick
13. Left to right: Jan, Amy, and Matthew
14. Maren giving Addelyn her bottle. (Supine figure is Grandma Jan)
Well, folks, that is about it for now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my dear friends and family. More later. Bye for now.