Thursday, November 11, 2010

Early Morning Stuff

Hey, Y'all,
Well, for lack of a better title, I used the one above. It doesn't necessarily mean that is all I am going to talk about (as most of you, my faithful readers, know). My blog is not called Blabbin' Grammy facetiously, I tell it all (as much as I can, that is).

Speaking of early morning, quite often I am awake at 4 a.m. and choose not to lie there any longer. If I can get in 5 or 6 hours a night of sleep, then I am doing well. The sleeping has been going better lately, since I quit taking the Benedryl to make me sleep. (Does that make sense?) Anyhow, the sleep that I get is more natural, I reckon.

Usually, when I first arise in the morning, I have to go check my emails and then see what the world is up to (usually no good, ha) and then I have to harvest my crops that have matured to ripeness overnight, check my "confirm requests" box, and get the goodies that other "farmers" have sent to me. I also have to go help other farmers with their needs, then it is time to think about breakfast.

Yesterday, I awakened with the realization it would have been mine and Dubby's 34th anniversary of our wedding day. I was so thankful for the years that we had together as I thought about him. I know he is celebrating right now with our Lord, and he is in a much better place than I. He is celebrating life for sure.

You could say I celebrated by having lunch with some of the ladies in my Bible Study class. Yesterday, several of us (those who could go) went to a restaurant called "Central Street Market" and it was very good. One of the other ladies, named Mary, let me ride with her and her 3 small children. It was such fun, going and spending time with the ladies in an outdoor setting with the kids running around and playing on slides and in a playground that is fenced in at the restaurant. The restaurant has a lot of outdoor and indoor tables for customers to sit and the weather was perfect, sunshine and 76 degrees with just enough breeze to make it really pleasant.

Today is Veteran's Day and I'd like to mention that I had four brothers, all of whom served in the Army, two of them (Bill and Ralph) in World War II and fought in the Pacific Theater of Operations in the Philippine's and Okinawa, Hugh, who was stationed in Germany during the Korean War, and John was in during peace time, but served as well. I am so proud of them, and have always been. I remember when the Second World War began in 1941 (for the U.S.) and remember what it was like sending the V-mail letters and seeing my mom and dad worry about my brothers. It was a time of stress for everyone. Thank you to all those wonderful men and women who have served so well and so selflessly during the many years to make our country safe and strong. I salute you!

Well, that is about it for right now. Today, I plan on getting some stuff done around here. I have papers to file that are taking up space on top of my printer, and they stare me in the face every time I look over that way. (I try not to look over that way. ha ha ha). Maybe after breakfast, I will file them. I am one of the world's worst procrastinators, unfortunately. The filing really does help keep things in order, though. They came in handy yesterday when I was canceling a policy that I was no longer in need of. The guy I was talking to asked for the certificate number, and there the papers were in a folder right where they were supposed to be. It only took me less than a minute to find them. Thank you, Teresa, for getting me started on filing my important papers so many years ago. I appreciate you! (well, for more than that, but that is one of the things) :)

Oh yes, a friend sent me a video that is so beautiful, and I wanted to share the link with you. I am not advertising the website, per se, but I did want to let as many of you as would like to, see it. Here it is, and when you link to it, turn up the sound on your computer so you can hear it as well.

http://www.andiesisle.com/creation/magnificent.html

I hope I did that right Anyway, if it doesn't link, just copy and paste it into your browser and it will go. It is such an inspirational video, you will just love it.

Well, that is about it for today. Not a lot more to write about right now. I did get my laundry mostly finished, just towels and wash cloths to do today, and all of it to put away which won't take long. I may even go back and take a nap later today. The Y is closed today, so I won't be going there today. I may go to the grocery store around the corner and down the street. My fridge is beginning to look like no one lives here, ha ha.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. More later. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Thanks for looking in on me. Bye for now.

5 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

It sounds like you are doing quite well, Ruby. I too have just begun to sleep better and through the night without waking up. Maybe that's just a part of the process.

Teresa said...

OH...and your daughter served in the military too...lol.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My father flew planes during the Vietnam War.
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with you as well as I should, Ruby. Been busy writing.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Enjoyed reading your post, it is always full of interesting things.
I also read your second post, pleased you got all the names in.

Take care Ruby
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Glad you are sleeping better. I did not get one thing done today. I have been very lazy all day. I will really have to hit it tomorrow! Enjoyed reading what you have been doing.