Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Windy and Cloudy

Hey, Y'all,
This is one of those days that you know the weather is going to change soon, even though the weather man has already said it, you would know it without his input. Say, do you realize what a new word input is? At least the meaning is. It used to be used in flow charts in education before the use of computers, and since the wide use of computers has come into being, we use the word without even thinking. Hmmm (Just a little side note there).

Anyway, the wind is kicking up a rusty outside around the corners of the house and reminding us that autumn is really here and heading into winter, with winter being only 4 weeks away. It is supposed to turn cold tonight and colder tomorrow, just in time for Thanksgiving holiday. Are you and your family going to be eating the big bird tomorrow? I am going to be eating with Amy and Matthew and her family tomorrow afternoon. I don't know whether it will be turkey or what, but I'm sure it will be delicioso.

This morning my family doctor's office called me and the nurse, Phyllis, gave me the bloodwork report and told me that they are no longer worried about my having hepatitis (I wasn't worried about it because I knew I didn't have it) and that I don't have a kidney infection (I knew that too, ha). I told her I was concerned about my ankles swelling, and should I begin taking the potassium capsules that I had been on for a year and a half. She said, "No, don't take them". She made an appointment for me to come and see the doctor on Monday morning, and told me to put my feet up three times a day, and to be sure they were higher than my heart. Also, I am to do it for an hour at a time. Well, I have already done that for this morning. I lay down on my bed and put my feet up on one of those bed rests that you use to sit up in bed if you are sick. It worked really well, so I guess I will continue to do that the number of times she said. I have no trouble resting. Ha ha ha.

I cooked the dried apricots this morning and will be making the little round fried pies, only baking them instead of frying them. They will be just as tasty and a lot healthier that way. I use my largest biscuit cutter to cut the circles of dough, and it makes a perfect size little pie. The apricots are now mashed up with cinnamon, cloves and sugar added and cooling in the fridge for making later today or in the morning. I will be taking them with me tomorrow afternoon when Matt and Amy pick me up to go to her Mama's home.

Well, that is about it for right now. I pray Teresa is not having a rough time with her new chemo infusion. I love you, Babe and I'm praying for you along with a lot of other people.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to drop by and offer you a Thanksgiving hug my dear friend.
I'm glad you got a good report from your doctor and sorry you're having to go back to figure out about that swelling in your ankles. Praying that everything is GREAT and God's already working His healing in that situation.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving with Amy & Matthew. And stay warm!
Love in Jesus,
Deb

Barbara said...

Glad you are going to be with family tomorrow.The cold weather you are talking about is suppose to be here for black Friday,burr I plan to stay in.Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.Praying for you and Teresa.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving Day.

Here in the UK part of the country has been forecast snow......already.
Take care.
Yvonne.

Margie's Musings said...

What good news. I am happy your lab reports came back so good. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your family and food!