Friday, November 5, 2010

And The Doctor Said....

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I went this morning to have bloodwork done, and those results will not be reported to me for about a week, but this afternoon I went to see my cardiologist to hear what he had to say. When I was having my blood drawn, the nurse that was called in to do the drawing of it from the back of my hand (supposedly an expert at it), had to stick both hands to get a good blood flow. When she came in, she was an older nurse (probably in her mid or late sixties), I saw those glasses about half way down her nose, and her looking over the top of them, I thought, "Uh-oh, this old lady can't see well". She proved me right, I believe, because when she had finished, she declared that she rarely had to do a second try. Hah!

After I left there, I headed to IHOP, for breakfast, since it was a fasting blood test. I always reward myself after the blood-letting agony, with going to have a good breakfast. I ordered two eggs over medium and some biscuits/gravy. No meat. I asked for the gravy in a small bowl on the side. Disappointment reigned. The eggs were medium cooked okay, but had not been turned and so the bottom white part was brown and tough. The gravy was over the biscuits and not to the side. I won't be going back there. I should have stopped at LePeep's.

This afternoon, it was time to go to the cardiologist's and get my report. All in all it was a good report, because my condition had not changed appreciably in the last year. I will be going back in six months for a check up on my pacemaker. The only thing he found was the fact that some cysts showed up in my thyroid gland when they did the carotid scan of my neck. He suggested I get it checked by my family doctor.

While ago, the family doctor's office called to tell me my potassium level is up some, and they want to check my blood again on Monday morning and to stop taking the potassium capsules that I am taking. They were checking the bloodwork even as we spoke. I told them about the cysts in my thyroid and we will probably talk about it on Monday, maybe. Anyway, the same little old nurse will be sucking my blood out on Monday. We'll see how it goes.

Just all kinds of good stuff, huh? Gives me something to do on Monday, too. Ha ha
I really know the way to the doctor's offices now, with no mistakes. Isn't that wonderful? I am beginning to feel familiar with the streets and roads around here and to be comfortable driving on them. I am so glad.

Well, that is about it for today. I reckon some of us are having hamburgers with Carol and Daryl this evening and maybe play some games. We are a game playing bunch of people.

I would like to ask you all to pray for my nieces, Donna and Terri. They have both had surgery over the past couple of weeks. They are recuperating, but Donna is waiting for results from stomach biopsies. She had a negative result from the breast biopsy that was done a while ago. Thank the Lord for that. Please continue to pray for Teresa, as she continues to have her chemo treatments and goes through the days following them. Thank you so very much. You can check on Teresa's progress through her blog, "Pickin' Up the Pieces" and the link can be found under my "Other Interesting Blog Sites".

A few days ago, I got a call from a dear long time friend of mine, whose husband passed away several years ago. She was on her way home from St. Louis, and was sporting a diamond engagement ring. I was (and am) so very happy for her. I won't say who it was until she gives me permission to tell you who she is. How exciting! Isn't it?

Well, now is time for me to stop Blabbin' for today. Much love to each of you, my friends/family. Bye for now. More later. (You can count on it. ha.).

5 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Ruby I hope all goes well woth your blood test and cysts, will keep my fingers crossed fro you.

Take care.
Yvonne.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you, Ruby, and hope all goes well.

Take care.

Margie's Musings said...

I have you in my prayers, Ruby.

Anonymous said...

Keeping you and your loved one's in prayer Ruby. And I'm glad you're learning your way around and have such great family members surrounding you.
Hugs,
Deb

AiringMyLaundry said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.