Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wrapping Gifts

Hey, Y'all,
I decided yesterday that it was time to wrap gifts for Christmas, and had waited until last evening to do the wrapping, too. I am not a fast wrapper, and not a particularly good one, but I think it is what inside that counts, don't you? Anyway, I got out the paper, scissors, tape, ribbons, bows (ready made,, of course) and the gifts. The gifts had been kind of scattered over the house in various places, and so I gathered then as well. I brought it all into the computer/work room and got busy cutting, wrapping, tying, etc. In the meantime, I was watching an old movie on tevee, called "Roxanne" with Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah. A wonderfully funny movie is always entertaining and good to watch before going to bed.

I picked up a copy of results from my bloodwork yesterday that was done last week, but I am going to be going over it with my doctor when I see her on December the 7th, especially since i had the bloodwork repeated yesterday. Quite honestly, I think they have sucked enough of my blood to make some kind of diagnosis, don't you? I called this afternoon to make an appointment to see her, and didn't realize until I talked to them that I already had an appointment for the seventh.

There are some dried apricots soaking in water in a pan in my kitchen, which I will be cooking in the morning, and making some small fried pies for Thursday. At least that is in my plans right now.

The weather here is really strange this week. Today the temperature outside is in the upper 70's and balmy, which makes it really necessary to have the house ceiling fans on. One more day of weather like that, and then it turns cold again. This is good weather for giving people colds and the flu. Teresa tells me it has been rainy there in Alabama where she lives. She begins her infusions of AC chemo tomorrow. She has had 12 weeks of the taxotere (sp?) chemo. The way I understand it, the AC is a combination of two chemicals which are much harder on the body than the other was. I trust each of you who is praying for her will be continuing to do so. She thanks you and I do, as well.

Also, my good friend, Clara Melvin, lost her husband early this morning. She lives in upper east Tennessee and I met her through our blogs. Her husband, Bill, went to be with the Lord just past midnight. Please remember her and their family in your prayers. Bill has been homebound for sixteen years, and Clara has cared for him faithfully during all that time. Our best wishes and caring are winging your way, dear friend. Clara came to visit me in the last month before I moved to Texas. It was a sweet time to actually get to meet her in person and spend some time with her.

Well, that is about it for right now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now.

4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I do hope your blood results are fine, I hate the waiting for the results.
I will certainly pray for your daughter, having a son go through cancer makes one aware that it has no repsect for age.
I am sorry for your friend's husband and will pray for him, his family and friends also.
Hope the gift wrapping went well.

Take care.
Yvonne.

Ella said...

I'll say a prayer for your daughter; I hope you are okay~ Glad you are keeping busy; keeping busy helps us cope! Take Care!

Margie's Musings said...

I have your daughter in my prayers too.

Grammy said...

Dear Friends,
Thank you so very much! Love and hugs to all of you. Ruby