Monday, March 30, 2009

What a Weekend!

Hey, Y'all,
Yeah, it was a weekend to remember (or maybe forget, even). I woke up on Saturday morning with a real pain in my sawdust (translation- hurting in my belly area). I thought at first that I might be having a heart attack. Since I have never had one, but just heard about the kind of pain produced, I called Mark (who happened to be at his new house in Sevierville, and he called Judy). Judy called me and had me take 3 nitroquick tablets, 5 minutes apart. By the time I had taken the 3rd one, she was well on her way to my house.

I told Gramps that I was going out for awhile, and he just snuggled deeper under his covers and went back to sleep. Judy took me to the emergency room at the local hospital. They immediately slapped on the contacts for an ekg, and put oxygen on my face, and proceeded to try to get an iv into my vein. Thirteen sticks later (and a couple of hours , they still had not succeeded. They did x-rays and a ct scan, and did bloodwork, got a urine sample, and all the other tests that they could. They also gave me a "cocktail" to soothe my nausea and to calm my stomach.

No food was given until they determined that I was not having a heart attack. (this was most of the day. I finally had some soda crackers about 6:30. They finally diagnosed the fact (after the ct scan) that my only remaining ovary had a group of cysts attached to it. The doctor attending me wrote a prescription for an ultrasound to be done at our local hospital, and also a precrip for oxycodone, and for an anti nausea medication.

Allie showed up about 4:30 to replace Judy, who had to leave for an appointment of her own, and then about 7 p.m. she and Mark brought me home and picked up my prescriptions.

After arriving at home, I went to bed. Mark and Gene had been out here to the house and had brought food to Gramps and had entertained him by just talking to him.

At the time, I told Gramps what we had been doing all day. He had thought Judy and I were shopping. He took it very well, and I am not sure he realizes how serious the situation is. I would like for him to continue on not really understanding the whole thing.

Yesterday was spent in bed, doping up and sleeping. Last night, after taking a shower to prepare for today, I slept pretty well, even considering I had spent the whole day sleeping.

I spent about 2 and 1/2 hours this morning waiting to see my eye doctor and saw him long enough for him to look at my eye, and remove the clear lens he placed on it last Monday. One of the nurses told me that they book about 60 patients a day for him to see on follow-ups.

More tomorrow on how I did managing to make appointments for the ultrasound and the doctor's appointment. My eyes are about to shut and I need to go crawl into bed. Love to all of you , my readers. Bye for now. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the day.


Barbara said...

Hi Ruby, I am so sorry you are having some trouble. I was worried about you. I asked Imazo about you today. She said you were gone to the eye Dr.which I had forgotten about. Any Way I hope you feel better soon. I will be praying for you to have a restful night.
Love Barbara

Judy said...

Grammy, I am praying everything will be o.k. for you and the tests will all turn out well. Please take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing. Hugs, Judy

Serbian Mink said...


sorry to hear yer ailin'. what's the prognosis? will they cut those critters out or ?

take care. we are rooting (and praying) for a speedy fix.
mink TN said...

Grammy, I am sorry for your pain. I knew you hadn't posted and I wondered why. Take care of yourself and I will say a prayer for you at this moment!