Monday, March 9, 2009

Upgrade on Ms. Imazo

Hey, Y'all,
I heard from Imazo's daughter-in-law last evening that she was taken to the hospital when Jeff came over to check on her. He immediately saw that she needed to go. She told him she wasn't going, and he said, "You can either go by ambulance or in my car, take your pick." So I assume that she went by car.

When they got her over there, they determined that she was dehydrated, and after a while in the emergency room, checked her in for a stay in the hospital. She protested saying that she had out of town company coming on the morrow (today, now). The doctor said, "Well, they can either come over here to see you, or wait till later in the day." That was before they did the tests that they have conducted.
Imazo was hooked up to an IV to get her hydrated, and she had finished her breakfast. (She had not eaten a lot of it, by the way).

This morning, they did an x-ray or ct scan and discovered she has a bunch of gall stones in her gall bladder. That was what had caused all the pain in her midsection on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

This morning, I headed out to Knoxville to check on how she is doing. When the nurse came in, I asked what kind of procedure they do with someone of Imazo's age. I asked if they dissolve the stones or remove the gall bladder. She said, "Oh, they remove the gall bladder and remove it laporiscopically through the belly button."
Hmmmm. It makes me hurt to think of how sore the belly button could get from that.

I helped her fill out her menu for meals tomorrow and we sat there (rather I sat there, and she lay there in her bed) and we chatted for awhile. Then it was time for me to leave and get back home to Gramps.

Upon arriving home, I put some fresh green beans on to cook, also a pork tenderloin to cook in the crock pot. This was in preparation for our supper tonight. I am also going to cook some sweet potatoes, and some corn bread muffins. I am hoping to get some more work done on my quilt this afternoon. Last night, I cut out the wonder-under for the last 20 flowers and am hoping to get it pressed onto them this afternoon. I also have clean laundry to fold. Will I get it all done? Maybe so, maybe not. It doesn't really matter, does it?

Well, this is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to you all. Bye for now.

No comments: