Monday, March 16, 2009

A Visit With Imazo

Hey, Y'all,
I was able to go and visit with Ms. Imazo this morning, and was glad to find her feeling a little better and sounding a little better than when I talked with her on the phone yesterday. She was up and finishing her breakfast when I arrived at her home.

This morning, I was up at 7:30, took my shower (I know Imazo must have appreciated that, Ha), and Gramps and I had breakfast around 8:3o. I flew around and collected the trash so I could carry it off to the dumpster on my way to Knoxville.

Imazo and I took a run to the bank and the drugstore, and took care of things there that needed to be done. I went in with her in both places just in case she was unsteady on her feet. We joked about if she should start to keel over, I could catch her, and people would be saying, "Look at those two little old drunk ladies, weaving around", and she said "Yeah, people would be saying, 'looky there, they landed on the floor'". Ha, we just had a good laugh or two.

We went back to her house and sat at the dining room table (where many conversations have taken place over the many years), and she told me about the years she spent working at the Standard Knitting Mill and how she had begun working there at the age of 16 and worked there for 45 years, then worked at Proffitt's for seven years and then retired from there. It was extremely interesting to hear about her work.

Her associate pastor from her church came to visit while I was there, and we talked about many things, including the fact that he knows where I live in New Market. He is a really interesting person to talk to, as well.

Jeff's wife, Peggy is still not feeling well. It seems that is a bad old bug that has her in its clutches. Get well soon, Peggy!

At lunchtime, I fixed us a can of soup and we had sandwiches and crackers with the soup. It was very pleasant and she was going to take a nap after I left. I got home to find that Gramps had fixed himself some peanut butter and jelly on bread and had a cup of coffee.

We are having a big salad tonight with chicken strips as the meat in the salad, and in the salad we will also have mushrooms, mandarin orange sections, nuts, dried cranberries, feta cheese, grape tomatoes, and anything else I can think of to put in it. We have raspberry vinagrette dressing or ranch dressing. The greens are hearts of romaine lettuce. For dessert we have butter pecan ice cream. Of course, it is the evening when our neighbors come for dinner and games. What fun!

Well, I need to go get busy in the kitchen for a while. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to all of you. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Grammy, I am glad Imazo is home and feeling better and able to get up and out. Your salad sounds wonderful. I just got back from the grocery and I bought Spumoni ice cream. That is our favorite. Can't wait, yum, yum.

Barbara said...

Hi Ruby,I just got off the phone
with Imazo.She sounds much better
today.Yes you all would of looked
funny that way. so glad you were able to go visit her today.
Love Barbara

Serbian Mink said...

tia,

thanks for spending time w/ Nana. we talked w/ her yesterday and found her to be in better spirits. hate that Peggy is still ailing. you are the hostess w/ the mostess....all those dinner parties. i think i am anti-social...all those visits would wear me out.
sobrina