Tuesday, March 3, 2009

An Evening's Pleasure With Friends

Hey, Y'all,
Today began at about 7:30 a.m. with cleaning the kitchen floor. As I stated earlier, early morning or late night is the best time to clean. Gramps is never (well, hardly ever) up at either time, so it is better then. While the major portion of the kitchen dried, I was able to do some quilting work, and then I finished up the floor later.

Then I took the time to make some raisin bread toast and hot tea. Hmmm, it was really good, and I sat there enjoying my breakfast and read some more of my murder mystery. After breakfast, I spent some time getting the ingredients together for the chicken pot pie. I sat down in the multipurpose room to rest, checking my e-mails. I then did some more sewing and watching The Price is Right. I absolutely love that show. It is so much fun watching the contestants jump around when they win, and also I love their enthusiasm. Isn't it fun to see people win stuff?

I took time a little later for cleaning the kitchen, and dishes and then cleaning the bathroom and mopping the bathroom floor. Laundry took a large part of the day as well. I made some apple dumplings for our dessert tonight, and baked them and the chicken pot pie at the same time, putting them into the oven at 5 p.m.

Our friends, Gene and Judy, Marion and Marjorie arrived at 6 p.m. and Judy brought some delicious waldorf salad to go along with the chicken pot pie and the devilled eggs that I had prepared. We ate very well this evening, and after supper Marjorie helped me load the dishwasher (thank you, Mark and Allie, for installing the dishwasher, and thanks you, Marjorie, for helping with the dishes tonight) and then we got out the dominoes and played a few hands of that. We were pleased that Gramps decided to play with us. It didn't matter that I had to help him with his choices of what to play. Believe it or not, Marjorie didn't feel obliged to shield her dominoes from me. Actually, I was so busy helping Gramps there was no time to act like I was going to check hers out. ha ha.

Marjorie heads back to Germany on Friday. We have certainly enjoyed getting to know her better and have had some good times with her. Well, I have to get to bed soon, because I have to be up and out to get my bloodwork done in the morning. I have promised Gramps that he doesn't have to go anywhere until Friday. He is quite pleased about that.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for tonight. More tomorrow evening. Love to you all. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, you have been a busy woman. I have crocheted all afternoon. My friend Carolyn came to visit and we both are making afghans to take to the fair. We had a good time together. It's good to have friends.
Grammy, have you ever made a sauce to pour over your apple dumplings? I make them by rolling out a biscuit really flat. You know like a fried apple pie. fill each biscuit with raw apple slices, sprinkle with cinnamon . fold over and crimp together with a fork. Place them in a 9 X 13 baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour the sauce over them and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Here's what makes them good....the sauce.
In a small sauce pan put 8 0z.
of 7up, 1 stick of butter and a little cinnamon. Slowly heat this until the butter is melted...do not boil. Try this sometime and let me know if you like it.

Clara....in TN said...

Grammy, I forgot to list the sugar in the sauce. You use 3/4 to one cup of white sugar along with the 7up and butter. Sorry.