Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy Mid-week Day

Hey, Y'all,
Today started off as a busy one. We had run out of milk, so I left here at 8 a.m. and went to the grocery store, also filled up the car with gas, and hurried back home. Upon arriving home and carrying in the groceries, putting them away, I got out a couple of cereal bowls, cut up two bananas, poured milk into them both, and then fixed the coffee maker to be ready to drip for coffee preparation.

After I got Gramps up, we had breakfast, and I had intended to immediately leave for Knoxville to take Mae to get some stuff she needed, and to visit with Imazo in the hospital. Just as I was finishing up my breakfast, Mark called and asked could they come over for a few minutes. Of course, we are always happy to see them. So I said, "sure, come on over".

They came over and brought me an apple corer (I had been searching for one), and we chatted awhile and I showed them my quilt squares. After they left, I headed into Knoxville, and picked up Mae at her home, we did some errand running, and then went to eat at a place called Gunther's which is mainly a fish restaurant. It was really good food We left the restaurant and went to visit with Imazo for a while.

When we got to Imazo's room at the hospital, we thought she had makeup on her face. However, no makeup, so when we left, we mentioned our observation to the nursing desk. Hopefully, if she does have a fever, they caught it. She told us she had been chilly and had put on a sweater and gotten back in bed. She showed us her tummy where they had taken the gall bladder out. I teased her about it, and said, "Doggone it! I left my camera at home. A description will just have to do." ha ha.

I took Ms. Mae home then, and then proceeded on home. It is now about 5 p.m. and my eyes are about to shut. Hope what I have written makes sense. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Love to all of you. Bye for now.



fully understood Ruby, my you did have a busy day. Yesterday (Wednesday) I had to go to the hospital for a heart scan, 6 weeks ago I had a chest infection and when the medication finished still had shortness of breath so the dr. sent me for a chest X Ray and blood test, all was clear except it showed my heart was enlarged.
I was panic stricken so off I went
to have heart scan.The doctor there told me that all was fine and my heart was not enlarged.
One big sigh of relief.
Hope you are both well.

Take care.


Grammy said...

Dear Yvonne, I am so glad you didn't have an enlarged heart! My mother had one for years (early diagnosis), but had six children and worked at a knitting mill for 50 years from the age of 11 years. She was a very strong woman, and I am sure you are too. I'm glad you got a second opinion!