Thursday, April 21, 2011

Restaurants

Hey, Y'all,
Can you believe it? We only have a few more days left on our A to Z challenge. It has passed so very quickly. In that time,  I have learned the way to two more eating places. Ha. 

You know, I used to think that it would be easy cooking for one...after all, that is one less than cooking for two, which I had been doing for years. Not so, friends, and for one thing, you have the input of the other person. I have discovered over the past eight or so months since the passing of my Sweetie Pie, that cooking for one is quite difficult. For another reason is the fact that if the other person was a good eater, he could eat more than you do, and you didn't have to worry about left-overs. Ha. If there were left-overs, they didn't last forever till you got tired of eating them. 

Thus, to the restaurants and other eating places. Let me tell you about some that I have discovered in this, my new living area during the past nine months. The first one I discovered was Le Peep's which serves breakfast until 3 p.m. and then closes. Then there was IHOP which serves all day long. When Dubby and I visited Carol and Daryl here in Bedford, we discovered Denny's where Dubby and I often enjoyed eating, so I knew where it was already. 

Then Carol took me to Mooyah's which serves burgers. I also discovered Bailey's Cafe which is another one that serves breakfast and lunch and then closes around 2 p.m. I found it when I was shopping at Hobby Lobby. Then I found Freddy's Steakburgers. They are sooooooooo good when you want a good hamburger. Some of the others are locations of Texas Roadhouse, Fuddruckers, Central Market and Cotton Patch Cafe.
On Monday evening, I went with a group of mostly seniors from my church to eat at Fuddrucker's and had a wonderful time. One of the ladies in the group made some pictures and this is one of the pictures she took. 
 
However, one of the best places to eat and the most enjoyable is at the home of family members here in Bedford. At my grandson, Andrew and Julia's, and also my daughter, Carol and Daryl's, the home atmosphere and the food is absolutely the best. Which brings me to the fact that I missed a birthday party last night because I had a choir rehearsal for Easter music that I just couldn't miss. Yesterday was granddaughter Amy's (Matthew's wife) birthday and they had a surprise party for her. I haven't heard about it yet, but I am sure they had fun! My apologies, Amy, for missing it. I hope it was wonderful! I love you, Amy!

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. More later. Bye for now. 
.

8 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I found it hard cooking for one at first but now have got yhe hang of it.
Enjoyed your post as usual. they are always so interesting.

Enjoy your day.
Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If I have to cook just for myself, it ends up being at least two meals. Which is okay!
Yeah, can't believe the Challenge will be ending soon...

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hi Ruby I regard you as a very good friend as you and a few others were followers before last year's challenge. Thank you dor the glowing comment it made my day.
Yvonne.

Marjorie said...

There are lots of great restaurants here in my city. Love to be able to get out to them at times.

Petra said...

It can't be easy to cook for just one, and it sounds more fun to go eat out or at a family or friend's house. Wishing you a blessed and restful evening!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

The challenge time has gone quickly. Enjoy the restaurants you've found!

Monti

NotesAlongTheWay

Ella said...

I cook a lot; eating out is a treat for me. I hope to go tomorrow, Mexican food~Yum!

Fun to read your post~ You are right the challenge has gone fast!

Grammy said...

Hi, you all,
Thanks for the comments...I'll be checking in with all of you when the challenge is over. I am trying to hit a lot of blogs. It is great fun, isn't it?
Love, Ruby