Monday, April 4, 2011

Cacophonous Cloudbursts and Collections

Hey, Y'all,
Well, I already had my title for today's posting in my mind, and then when I was awakened in the early hours by thunder, lightning crackling, and the sound of hail hitting the windows by my bed, I just knew I had to use the words cacophonous cloudburst in my title. Ha!

Anyway, now that I have used them, I'll have to say that I did go back to sleep and dreamed that the house I was in in my dreams had a leaking roof, and my children were little, and we were looking out at the very small apple trees and they were loaded with huge, enormous, gigantic apples (would you believe big?) ha. Must be Farmville was invading my dreams. A neighbor came in and was looking around at the leaks in the ceiling, and said, "Yep, you need to get that fixed. Maybe I can do it for you."

Now, on the the collections. Are you a collector of stuff? I'll bet most of you are. I know we, as bloggers, are collectors of ideas and words, but we share them with others (we can't help ourselves). I am a lover of words and their sounds and how they trippingly roll from the tongue. 

Here are some pictures of some of my collectibles in my house. I love Teapots, and what is more, I quite often enjoy a good cup of hot tea, and my daughter, Carol, makes wonderful iced tea. (I can't make iced tea worth a hoot!)
 As you can see, I do like the little stuff (it doesn't take up a lot of space, and some of the things, like the cars and the gnomes, my husband enjoyed the collecting of. There is a vase in the center of the sixth picture down, that belonged to my mom and she purchased it for five cents in the year 1914. It is almost a hundred years old. I treasure it because it is one of the few tangible items that she left behind. My husband called collectibles "dust catchers" and I guess that is true, huh? The wooden knick-knack holder in the last picture, my husband had made for me on our 20th anniversary by a friend of ours who was a carpenter.

Well, that is it for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Bye for now. More later. 

22 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

Now that post title is a mouthful! LOL.

I really don't collect thing. Well, except for writing books.

Ellie Garratt

Anonymous said...

"cacophonous cloudburst" is one of the best blog post titles I've ever seen! I LOVE IT!
I collect music. It's been my great love since I was nine years old, and I have almost fifteen thousand songs in my Itunes library.
I'm so glad to have discovered your blog thanks to the A to Z challenge.

Michelle Wallace said...

Hey Grammy
Pleased to meet you *extends hand for a formal handshake*
What do I collect ? Well , my handbag is FULL of envelopes , not that I collect them , well not intentionally anyway ...they just seem to pile up and I forget to sort them out ...
Enjoy the rest of A~Z Challenge !! :)

~MICHELLE~
http://writer-in-transit.co.za/category/other/rambles-rants-and-raves/

Gregg Metcalf said...

I use to collect giraffes and elephants. Somehow I have gotten away from it. Methinks I need to start again. Thanks for the reminder.


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

Unknown said...

i collected unicorns as a child
now I collect books.. and My son loves to collect lots of things.

The Yard Bard said...

Hi!

I'm returning your kind visit, and I'm glad I stopped in. We're collectors as well. In (almost) every room, you'll find books, musical instruments, and yarn. ;)

Ella said...

I love your description! Yes, I remember you from last year; Always a kind word for everybody :)
I also kid and say, I collect dust. I do really collect tins that popcorn, candy, tea come in. I just started collecting tea pots...I love yours, so pretty! I have 5; the sunflower one is my current fav. Fun to read your post! I share your love of words, too~ Happy Monday @>---

Elaine in Florida said...

It seems we have a few of the same collectible interests..mine is mainly pink and green Depression glass. Thanks for sharing your "dust collectors" ;)with us. Nowdays I sorta turn a blind eye to some of the dust!!! Have a great day.

Elaine

Tiger85 said...

Thanks Grammy for your comment. I really like your tea pots. Great post and I like your blog I'll be following you. =)

http://tigeronmybookshelf.blogspot.com/

N. R. Williams said...

Nice to meet you, Grammy.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

The Words Crafter said...

I love your collections! I collect some art I found from another blogger....and I collect books.

I have a friend who's mother is from England and she would LOVE your teapots!

Glad you survived the storm :)

Grammy said...

Hi, Y'all,
Thanks for the visit and the encouraging comments. Much love to each of you.
Ruby

Petra said...

Awesome post, grammy. I like it all! Just can't believe you're from TN and yo can't make iced tea. I'm from Germany. I have a better excuse.:-)

Donea Lee said...

Hello Ruby! Nice to meet you, too ~ :) I love your teapots. Not a tea drinker, but I always see cute pots and want to buy them anyhow, lol. And it sounds like you've got some great keepsakes. Always fun!

Lisa said...

Your collectibles are wonderful. And they are quite a collection. They can be dust catchers too but I am sure you dust them and enjoy their beauty.

Ruby, I would like to be your friend at facebook. May I find you, may I know your facebook name. I would give you mine but I guess it is not listed because Lucy tried to find it but could not. I could visit your farm and we could try that Scrabble game;) But mostly, I would like to be your friend.

Candyland said...

I was also awakened by the storm but I did not immediately think of those big words, lol!

I'm not really a collector of anything except for...wait for it...love (insert "awwww")

Tori Cooper said...

Wow! Fancy title... love the tea pots! Hmmm... not sure if I'm actively collecting knick knacks... or anything really. All of my knick knacks are in boxes still from my last move... I do want to start collecting Giclee painting from a certain latin artist named Emilia Garcia but that's going to take some time! Thanks for sharing Grammy! Love Tori @www.journeycalledlife1.com

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Great collections! I used to collect dragons of all shapes and sizes.

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

You have such wonderful collections! I collect teddy bears and books. Nice to meet you BTW!


Sheila Staley : Reviewer & Writer
Book reviews and Author Interviews at my blog at http://whynotbecauseisaidso.blogspot.com/

Margaret Hall said...

Hi, Grammy~!! Love the cacophonus cloudburst and collections title~!
Hmmm??..Giant apples, huh?...
Your collections are dainty and beautiful.....You like the tea and cookies with family and friends, I take it...I collected dolls for many years, but am finding homes for them now, not much room..I like your shelves of little things, and I, too like the tinier things...I collect fabric, way too much, actually! Love your "C"..Now on to D...

http://timeforabucketlist.blogspot.com/
http://imagesinthought.blogspot.com/
http://the-old-story-tree.blogspot.com/
http://bagladythoughts.blogspot.com/

^.^ said...

Just discovered your blog and i love it so ... blessed be... Love, cat.