Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Quiet Sunday Afternoon

Hey, Y'all,

Well, here it is on Sunday afternoon, and I'm kind of resting up a little, watching some Andy Griffith on TV Land, and scoping out some of my fellow bloggers, and thinking about tomorrow's "C" edition for my own post. For the past seven or so months, I have been attending the church where Carol and Daryl are members and enjoying it, but had noticed the Baptist Church that is just down the street from where I live. Being a life-long Baptist, I decided to try it, and went this morning.

I realized that I felt at home immediately when I entered the church and decided I would go back this evening and see how the evening service goes. The church is a small one, by modern standards, and reminded me of my home church back in New Market, Tennessee. I attended the Sunday School class following the early service, and enjoyed meeting the senior ladies in that class. They made me feel quite welcome as well. 

I have played some Farmville this afternoon, and also I went over to Carol and Daryl's house for lunch, and talked with them about the church and how much I enjoyed it. One nice thing about the church is that most of the people there live in the local area, and will be easy to socialize with during the day. 

A nap right now would be good, I think, and I have about an hour and a half that I could nap, and I may just do that. I look forward to visiting a lot of other blogs during the next weeks. 

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for now. Much love to each of you, my friends. More later. Bye for now.

8 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I finally kicked my farmville habit. Without a 12 step program, too!

See ya Monday:)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm not even on Facebook, Ruby! Hey, if that church feels like home, then maybe that's where God wants you to be.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Great post Ruby, always enjoy what you been doing,
See you around the challenge.
Yvonne.

jkraus8464 said...

I really enjoyed the posts I read today. The boogers one was priceless. I too am in the A-Z challenge and enjoy your kind of humor. I will be following you and checking you out.

Serbian Mink said...

hi Tia,

glad to hear you found a comfortable fit with the nearby church...reckon it's Him who sent you there (wink wink)?

Tori Cooper said...

Hi Grammy Ruby, I think it's cute that you play Farmville on your spare time... last year during the A to Z I was on a facebook/farmville break (for lent), when I came back I was done with playing... It was fun while it lasted!

I hope your day was relaxing... thanks again for stopping by my site this morning & saying hello!

~Tori @ www.journeycalledlife1.com

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thanks for the visit Ruby, I appreciated it very much and Yes, it does take a long time trying to get round.
Yvonne.

Margaret Hall said...

Never played Farmville, but am addicted to some from the Big Fish Game site...Glad you had a nice Sunday...Oh, yes, I am runnin' behind, tryin' to catch up...
See you on C...