Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Planning and Practicality

Hey, Y'all,
Well, now, this subject took a little bit of thinking, because there are so many good "P" words, but I decided after much thought, to do Planning and Practicality. Those are things that I know a lot about because I am a practical planner. I do a lot of thinking and planning before I even leave the house to go somewhere. I must have the route planned in my mind. I like to be able, when I can, to wind up turning to my right to go into a designated place. I know that sounds kind of off-the-wall, but that is just how I am. It makes life so much easier if one doesn't have to go against the oncoming traffic.

I am a quilter of sorts (no expert), but I plan how the quilt is going to look before I ever start it. I plan how many blocks of a particular color or design there are going to be. I visualize the whole quilt before I even cut a piece of cloth. I design many of my own. 

If you could see my workroom, you would think that I am the most disorganized person, but I know where (almost) everything is in here. I spend about 12 to 15 of my waking hours in here, because I am at my computer a good deal of that time. This room is also where I sew and sometimes study. The rest of my waking time is spent in the kitchen, because I like to read when I eat my meals, and of course the kitchen must be cleaned and laundry must be done. 

I used to think that I had to wear really dressy shoes to church, but recently, with the pain in my  back, I have gone to cute little tennis shoes (Rocket Dogs) for my weary dogs and aching back and no one cares what I wear on my feet. The tennis shoes are practical and I love not caring what people think when they see them. In fact, sometimes I point them out, and laugh. They laugh with me, not at me. When you reach my age, you can wear pretty much what you wish and no one cares. You can just be considered eccentric. Ha.

I went to supper last evening with a group of seniors from my church and had an absolute blast. We went to a local Fuddruckers, and I had to determine which one we were going to, and Carol very kindly helped me with that. I literally obsessed over which one it was, because there are two that are on the same access road just a few miles apart. I had to know, of course, which one it was, and I had no phone number to call any of the people who were in the group. I looked on the internet to locate the place, and finally decided that if I got the wrong Fuddruckers, I would just eat and not worry about it. That's me, practical and planner. 

Living alone, I have a lot of time for thinking and so, I do a lot of thinking. I am quite content within my self, but I enjoy being around others and having fun. Life is too short to spend it moping around. I say, "Go for the gusto!" (OOps! I guess this is a carryover from yesterday's optimism. Ha) I am looking forward to practicing for our Easter Music and singing praise to God for all He has done for me. It is quite painful standing for a long time, but He gives me strength to do so. I also look forward to more Monday evening meals with my friends. (Pictures coming soon from that get together, because one of the ladies in the group took pictures and is going to e-mail them to me).


This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for today. Much love to each of you, my friends and family. Bye for now. More later.

4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful as always Ruby.

Enjoy your day.

Yvonne.

Petra said...

Planning is not really my thing but it sure helps! Speaking of planning, there's a mountainous pile of laundry screaming for me! Great P post!

Marjorie said...

I'm not a planner. I fly by the seat of my pants most days.

Unknown said...

i try to be planned but with a 5 year old it's hard LOL