Monday, November 17, 2008

Whoa! Busy Monday...Fer Shure

Hey, Y'all,
I decided yesterday to do some rearranging of our bedroom, which meant taking apart the twin beds, and buying some wood planks to put inside the bed frames, so that perhaps it would firm up the mattress on top. I knew I would have to wait until Gramps decided to get out of his bed. Duh!

After I got up, I came into the kitchen to take my first med for the day, and after getting dressed for the day, I came into my sewing area and finished up the second row on Matt's quilt, and made a short list of what I wanted to get in Jefferson City.

When I had finished breakfast, Gramps was getting out of bed, and so after he had had his breakfast and insulin, I went into the bedroom, stripped the beds, took apart the beds, stood the mattresses up against the wall, and measured the distance between the rails that the box spring rests on. That way,I would know what length to get the wood slats cut into.

After getting Gramps settled into the living room, I left for Jefferson City, and went to Lowe's, where I found furring strips that a clerk cut into the lengths I asked for. Then a quick trip to Food City for groceries and then I headed for home.

Right now it is just three o'clock, and we have had lunch and put the beds back up and I am in the process of washing the bed linens so that I can remake the beds in a couple of hours.

So, this has been a busy day so far. It is not over, but I am resting right now. I know Gramps is going to have to get used to his bed being turned in a different direction. He thought I was getting our bedroom ready for our guests (Tom and Teresa) coming next week, until I told him that they would be staying at a motel. Bless his heart.

I have just taken a break and had a piece of chocolate meringue pie that I bought in a weakened moment while at the grocery store this morning. Yum!

I will have to stop in a while and fold a passel of clothes that are dry and waiting in a clothes basket. More are drying in the dryer, and bed linens are in the washer. Then I'll be making potato soup in a little while for supper.

The beds have yet to be made, but I have until at least eight o'clock this evening to do that.

Tomorrow I will be posting the rest of "Gramps' 100 things about me ".

Well, I am heading into the living room now to fold clothes. I can sit at the couch and fold them, and it gives my back a rest.

This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the day. May you feel and experience God's love in your heart. His blessings rest on each of us. Bye for now.


Judy said...

Grammy, you sometimes make me tired to read your blog. I don't know how you do all the stuff that you do by yourself! I made potato soup last week. I love it. I also love donuts from Walmart. Sometimes, I actually walk around the donut counter 3 times trying to convince myself not to buy the donuts. Most of the time I get them anyway and come home and pig out!

Grammy said...

Dear Judy,
thanks for your supportive comments. You know, we just do what we have to do, and we do it because God gives us the strength and courage to do it. You mentioned doughnuts-it has been a very long time since I have even touched one, but I can't avoid chocolate anything. (smile inserted here) talk to you later.
Love, Ruby (aka Grammy)