Monday, November 3, 2008

Catch-up

Hey, Y'all,
I know it has been a couple of days since I last posted, but not a whole lot has been going on here. We kind of took it easy yesterday, and the weather has been soooo gorgeously warm here. Today it was up in the seventies and tomorrow is supposed to be very nice. Tomorrow is the day we get out to vote for the new President of the United States and we will be going out to cast our votes.

The leaves are at their height of color here, and the maples and other trees are showing their very best right now. It is so wonderful to drive along the roads and see all the scarlet, orange, and yellow leaves. The trees look like they are ablaze.

I took advantage of the warm weather to vacuum out my little red Yaris automobile, so now it is clean on the inside and I may get around to driving it through a car wash tomorrow while we are out. I carried off the trash today after Carol, the speech therapist, did her visit with us, then came back and did the vacuuming. I know the warm weather can't last long. I believe rain is on its way in on Thursday.

BTW, speaking of Thursday, the doctor will be seeing Gramps on that day, after we have had Sarah, the occupational therapist, and Carol, the speech therapist. So I guess Thursday may be a very busy day.

We got up this morning and I helped Gramps to take his shower, and asked him, "now, don't you feel so much better?" and he said, jokingly, "Oh, yeah." I think he does not really like doing the shower, but it does make him look and smell so much better. It just really takes a lot of effort on both our parts. I always have to sit down soon after we get through.

We are planning on going to Hardee's for breakfast in the morning and then head to the polls to vote. (If I can drag the man out of bed, that is). We have two therapists coming to see him tomorrow. We are hoping to be back home by 11 a.m. for the first one.

I sat in here a few minutes ago (before I started this posting) and went to sleep in my computer chair. Sometimes I just kind of run out of juice. ha. I have been sewing quite a bit today on the quilt squares. Dancing With The Stars is going on in my left ear from my little TV. It doesn't really demand a lot of attention, you know. Watching them does kind of make me wonder how the women dancing keep on the scanty clothes they are wearing. The clothes they almost are wearing may be why so many guys seem to enjoy watching the show.

You should hear the noise in this little four/five room house (kitchen is combined with dining room by having a table in it). My TV is blaring and I can hear Gramps' TV in the living room.

Ooops, Gramps is on his way to bed and it is just now 9 p.m. So I guess I will be up alone for the next hour or so. It is difficult for me to go to bed early and sleep all night.
I just gave him his nighttime medication and took mine. We just switched tv channels to watch the Saturday Night Live Presidential Bash.

Well, it is time to sign off for the night and I'll go watch with Gramps till we get sleepy enough to go to sleep. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off and I'll see you tomorrow, God willing. Love to you all. Bye for now.

Gramps is getting around the house now most of the time without a cane, and is almost back to his pre=Illinois trip condition, (when he thinks he got hit on the head with the shower curtain rod).

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I am excited about the vote tomorrow and worried. Please pray for us that our Prop 8 passes to protect the definition of marriage it is going to be such a close race, I think. It will be so sad and scary if doesn't pass.

Judy said...

Hi Grammy, Sometimes it is good to just take it easy and do nothing. I am so glad your husband is doing better. I am sitting here waiting for it to get daylight so I can go vote. I don't drive well in the dark. Enjoy your breakfast out today.

Clara....in TN said...

I voted today too Grammy. I took my lunch with me in case the line was very long, but I was through in about 10 minutes. The ladies said I came at a good time, because it had benn long lines all morning. Now for the outcome. I will be glad to hear something else on TV besides the name calling! I'm glad Gramps is doing better. Bill is about the same....sleeping (mostly in the daytime) and eating!

Serbian Mink said...

Gwammy,

i called and checked on the slow boat that is hauling your long-lost mini-gift that i ordered for you.

Seems they got the zip wrong and sent it to Mississippi. Another is en route via UPS.

Glad yer having good weather. It's awesome here!
Love,
Sobrina