Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Middle of the Week Day

Hey, Y'all,
Just sitting here trying to keep from going to sleep. The sun is shining in warm on my back and I have been up since about six a.m. I decided last night that I was going to be doing some cleaning of dusty furniture and washing up the "dust catchers" that are in my liivng room. SOOO, when I couldn't sleep any more, I got up and got busy.

Gramps was still sawing logs and continued to do so until about 11:30 a.m. That left me plenty of time to carry collectible junk into the kitchen and swish it all through soapy water that I had put in the kitchen sink.

I quit washing and drying stuff about 8:30 a.m. and had my breakfast of cold cereal and finished reading the paperback that I have been reading over the past couple of days. After breakfast, I continued my labors until about 11:15, and sat down in a casual chair in the living room and as I was resting, I drifted off to sleep only to be awakened by the ringing of the telephone. It was a number that has been turning up on my caller ID, with a private number. I had already looked up the area code for the number and found it to be coming from San Antonio. I tried to trace it by looking it up on the computer in "reverse" numbers. It would not identify the name of the caller.

I decided to answer the phone and discovered it was A.T.& T calling to offer me DSL service. After I had talked to the lady awhile and informed her that I didn't believe we could have accesss to DSL out here where we live. She rushed to assure me, that yes we do. Anyhow, after a few minutes, she checked her facts again and discovered that "no, we don't have DSL where you live." I said, "I knew it. and we have Hughes Net and are under contract to them, anyway". I then informed her that I was tired of getting the calls from them (AT&T) and to please stop calling. She said it would take a month to be sure that we wouldn't be getting any more calls from them.

The quilt I am working on for Matt is almost half put together (4 rows attached) and after I get the other four rows on, I will be doing some hand stitiching on it to personalize it for him. I hope to have it finished for Christmas.

Tomorrow, I am planning on redoing my work room and clearing out some obsolete and unnecessary stuff that I have in here. I will probably get an early start on it. I look around at it, and see a lot of unorganized mess. I have been planning on doing this for about 4 months, but you know how that goes, I guess.

Supper tonight will be a small supreme pizza and a small salad. Gramps and I will share a DeGiorno (It's not delivery...It's DeGiorno!).

I went over to Mark and Allie's this afternoon and spent some time with Rachael, Tanya, and Tanya's two little boys, Kevin, and Adam. What fun! Rachael and Tanya are busily getting invitations made to send out to people for Rachael's upcoming wedding. Kevin, three, sang some Christmas songs with us. What a delightful little voice he has! Both boys are just darling. I am hoping to have some time to spend with them tomorrow, as well. I'll try to get some pictures then for my blog.

Well, gotta go turn on the oven and get the pizza ready to put into the oven. More later. Love to you all. This is Blabbin' Grammy signing off for the day. May you each experience the love of God in your heart and in your lives. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Grammy, I enjoyed reading the 100 things about your husband and I love DiGiorno pizza. We have it a lot. It is so easy to fix and taste as good as one delivered.

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammy, you are a busy woman...as usual. I have been trying to get things "in order" for Thanksgiving. My daughter and her family will be here Thanksgiving Day and I'm going to see if they will let the boys stay until Sunday and I will take them home. They are going to Lake Charles, LA for Christmas. My son-in-laws family live there and one of his brothers is coming there from Central America. I understand why they want to go, but I sure will miss them at Christmas. Don't work too hard. Maybe if you get everything all pretty, you can come help me!!! LOL