Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Bridal Shower - Part One




Hey, Y'all,



This morning was a perfect time to be up early and ice cupcakes, which I did. I also mixed up the dip for the crackers to be spread with or dipped into, or whatever they want to do with it. It tasted absolutely Yummy..MMMMM.

Recipe for the spread: 1 cup blueberry flavored Philly Cheese, 1 cup light sour cream, 1 cup Miracle Whip Spread, 1 package of Raven's Original Garden Party Spice Mix.

Mix all together until thoroughly mixed and then refrigerate until ready to serve.

The Party Spice Mix I bought at some kind of place where they were selling it and they had a spread prepared which I tasted, and I just had to buy some of it. They have a website at:

and you go there and look under Gourmet Products for more recipes. I just went there to check and make sure that you could purchase products there, and you can. I also found out that the product I used costs $3.50. Not bad for a party use, hmmmm?

One can also use the mix to sprinkle on baked potatoes, fish, chicken, por roast, and can also mix it into hamburgers, meat loaf, rice, soup, cabbage rolls, stuffed peppers, vegetables. BTW, I am not trying to sell anyone on this product. I just like to share information with my friends and family. It does not contain salt, sugar, MSG or preservatives.

At the top of the posting you will see pictures of the mini cupcakes I made and iced. The white icing is on the carrot cake cupcakes and the lavendar is on the yellow layer cupcakes. I put the tiny flower decorations on to make them more partylike.
The recipe for the icing is the one I was using to make the pitiful petit fours, and I saved it and used it for the cupcakes. It hardens immediately upon being placed on the cool cupcakes. I put them into the fridge last night after finishing baking them. This morning, I took them out and they were nice and cold.
Recipe for the icing:
Into the top of a double boiler place:
1/2 c (1/4 c) {1/8 c} light corn syrup (these amounts are cut in half for making less of a recipe)
1/2 c (1/4 c) {1/8 c) water ( I used the smallest measurements for the 40 minis)
9 c. (4 and 1/2 c) {2 and 1/4 c} confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
Place top of double boiler into the bottom part (with some water in the bottom part) and turn on heat to low heat. Combine the ingredients and stir them until thoroughly mixed and the mixture becomes liquidy and heat until lukewarm. Then simply apply small amount to top of cupcake. Put the cupcake to one side, Do the next one.....It hardens on top of cupcake quickly. If the mixture gets too warm, simply take it off the bottom kettle and continue to ice cupcakes.
Well, I need to stop now and get ready to go after while. More later. Shower pictures to follow later today or in the morning. Love to all of you. Blabbin' Grammy signing off for right now. Bye.

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

They look good to me. Wish I had one right now!

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Yummy.
Am copying out all your recipes into my cookbook.

Re the latest Summer Rain block in Popular Patchwork magazine.

It's easy peasy. Not able to send out patterns until the whole quilt has been published in the magazine - ends next March. If you're still around then, will send you a pattern.

Guess the US version of Popular Patchwork will not contain the Sining Garden BOM quilt.
You can see more - including step-by-step instructions on www.popularpatchwork.com website where I am laughingly known as The Resident Expert!!!
Ha Ha . . .

Babs xx